PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:21 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cabs to Disable Unused DEVICES (not services)

Attached are some cabs you can use to some of the devices you don't use to manual (they will not run).

Here is another post with a bunch of cabs to disable services.

CLICK ME

Why am I doing this?

If it is running and not doing anything for you, it is using your precious power and memory.

Hopefully the cabs are self explanitory.

Additional Info
  • Install the BlueTooth cabs if you do not intend on using BlueTooth
  • Install the GSensor cab if like me, you get annoyed with autorotation and can live without the games.
  • I think anyone can install the SmartCard cab unless you actually use one.
  • TVOUT - same thing. Got cables? NO; then install it.
  • REBOOT REQUIRED
  • You can enable and disable devices using DotFred's Task Manager
Athough I have not taken any scientific measure, these seemed to really help my battery life.

Click thanks if these help you...

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 03-12-2010 at 12:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 20 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Cabs to Disable Unused DEVICES (not services)

I will throw them up and test sometime later. Thanks.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Reserved...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what is a smartcard?
also does TV Out cable use usb? if so, does this cause any issues with usb to computer?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
I will throw them up and test sometime later. Thanks.
Any chance of you deleting your post. I was just trying to add a reserved post, but you were way too quick on the response.

Thanks and let me know how they work for you. I have been using them for two days without issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:29 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
what is a smartcard?
also does TV Out cable use usb? if so, does this cause any issues with usb to computer?
SmartCard is a plastic credit card looking thing with a digital certificate on it used for two factor authentication.

I am not sure, but the only thing that might be effected by disabling this is certificate based VPN authentication (but I don't think it will be a problem).

TV out cables let you plug in to a TV using the mini USBex cables.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVOUT.jpg (7.5 KB, 835 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:34 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

our phone shave smartcard capabilities? hmmm i'm confused
Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
our phone shave smartcard capabilities? hmmm i'm confused
Many military agencies require the use of SmartCards and two factor authentication. The smartcards are usually read using an external device. The service is there to support that. I am not sure an external SmartCard reader actually exists for our phones.

Anyway, you can always enable the device if it causes you any pain.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:39 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Many military agencies require the use of SmartCards and two factor authentication. The smartcards are usually read using an external device. The service is there to support that. I am not sure an external SmartCard reader actually exists for our phones.

Anyway, you can always enable the device if it causes you any pain.
ic. btw all these are uninstallable and would revert back to default after uninstallation correct?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:43 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
ic. btw all these are uninstallable and would revert back to default after uninstallation correct?
They should uninstall and be enabled after a reboot. I honestly have not tested it though. I added a link to a tool in my main post you can use to start and stop them manually and also change the startup setting just in case.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2