PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Trouble flashing back to Sprint Stock ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113756)

CoryNat 03-11-2010 10:32 AM

Trouble flashing back to Sprint Stock ROM

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I am brand new to flashing. I wanted to flash back to the Stock Sprint ROM to troubleshoot something. I have downloaded it twice from the stickied thread and when I run it I get an error that the file has been corrupted and cannot be opened. Am I missing something? I should run this on the PC correct? I was wondering is this was one I needed to put on the SD card or something. I have run it as administrator as well. Same error.

mikewest 03-11-2010 10:38 AM

Re: Trouble flashing back to Sprint Stock ROM

Do you have a windows based computer? If so, install WinRAR, and right click on the file and EXTRACT HERE.

Inside the folder that appears you will find RUU_SIGNED.NBH (or something close to that!)

RIGHT-CLICK that file and RENAME to RHODIMG.NBH and put it on your memory card....I am told that you can't do it on a card bigger than 2GB, however I use a 4GB and it works

Remove your battery cover,
Hold down the Volume-Down button
While still holding Volume-Down, press the RESET button with the stylus

You should see a breif rainbow flag, and a message should appear...

when prompted press the power button.

When it is complete press the RESET button again

fishingmedic 03-11-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewest (Post 1622494)
Do you have a windows based computer? If so, install WinRAR, and right click on the file and EXTRACT HERE.

Inside the folder that appears you will find RUU_SIGNED.NBH (or something close to that!)

RIGHT-CLICK that file and RENAME to RHODIMG.NBH and put it on your memory card....I am told that you can't do it on a card bigger than 2GB, however I use a 4GB and it works

Remove your battery cover,
Hold down the Volume-Down button
While still holding Volume-Down, press the RESET button with the stylus

You should see a breif rainbow flag, and a message should appear...

when prompted press the power button.

When it is complete press the RESET button again

But make sure your card is formatted FAT32 first.

youngpro83 03-11-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoryNat (Post 1622485)
Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I am brand new to flashing. I wanted to flash back to the Stock Sprint ROM to troubleshoot something. I have downloaded it twice from the stickied thread and when I run it I get an error that the file has been corrupted and cannot be opened. Am I missing something? I should run this on the PC correct? I was wondering is this was one I needed to put on the SD card or something. I have run it as administrator as well. Same error.

Not sure why its giving you issues. I have the same one from the Stock ROM thread and it works perfectly everytime I need to use it. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940
This is where I downloaded from. Hope it works better for you. I would try and download again and run it and see if anything changes.

CoryNat 03-11-2010 12:28 PM

That is the one I am downloading. I even turned off virusscan thinking maybe something was going on there. I am downloading it again to an older XP machine that I have rather than the Vista box I tried the first 2 times. If I get the same error I may hit you up for a copy. :)

CoryNat 03-11-2010 01:05 PM

Man, I am not having any luck getting this downloaded. This time I get to the very end and it tells me that the download could not be saved because part of the file could not be read. Anyone know of another location this is posted?