PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Weird Sprint TP2 Freezing / Running Poor Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113755)

Slipangle 03-11-2010 10:30 AM

Weird Sprint TP2 Freezing / Running Poor Issue

Hey Guys,

I am having an issue with my phone locking up after reboot. The only function I can use is the dialer to make a call. The Sense UI gets completely locked. After about 20-25 minutes of playing with the phone, the Sense UI will start to respond, but the phone runs terribly choppy and slow. Further more, the memory/task button in the upper right hand corner does not appear. Also, if I connect it to my PC, I receive a Synchonization error. The PC acknowledges the device, but cannot sync.

Now I have had my phone since 11/09 and have been running the stock ROM. When this started happening Monday morning, I followed the steps and flashed the phone with the latest build of Mighty ROM. The problem seemed to have been solved and the phone ran well the last 3 days. Then, all of a sudden again this morning the phone started experiencing the same exact symptoms.

So, is this a hardware issue and something is failing/failed on the device? To me it seems like an OS or Sense UI issue, but after flashing a different ROM didn't work I don't know what else it could be.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rager02 03-11-2010 10:52 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

could be something your installing since you say it runs smooth for a couple days,hard reset and leave it barebone for a few days to see if problem is still there.

fishingmedic 03-11-2010 11:02 AM

Re: Weird Sprint TP2 Freezing / Running Poor Issue

What are you loading up on the phone other than Mighty's ROM? If you have a ton of apps, push e-mail and a bunch of things are running in the background, it's gonna lag as memory is being used up. And what are you backing up, thousands of texts, etc? Maybe try a HR, restore your contacts, run Mighty's ROM with nothing other than essentials added (arcsoft cab, etc) for a few days and see what happens.

Slipangle 03-11-2010 11:27 AM

Well on the stock ROM, I had a couple cab files installed to remove the Sprint logo and little things of that sort. Other than that there was google maps and the facebook app on the stock ROM. After the mighty ROM install, I didn't install anything. I do have email configured for two Yahoo accounts. One stock symbol that only updates when I manually click update. That was it.

One thing I do notice and not sure if this is supposed to be this way. When setting the carrier provision, I choose Sprint then click Commit. The Sprint Cab installs and the device reboots. Upon reboot, I go into my carrier provisions again and Telus is green. Is there some reason why Sprint does not stay green? I just performed a factory reset on the Mighty ROM and the carrer provision always shows Telus as green when I restart the phone.

fishingmedic 03-11-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipangle (Post 1622592)
Well on the stock ROM, I had a couple cab files installed to remove the Sprint logo and little things of that sort. Other than that there was google maps and the facebook app on the stock ROM. After the mighty ROM install, I didn't install anything. I do have email configured for two Yahoo accounts. One stock symbol that only updates when I manually click update. That was it.

One thing I do notice and not sure if this is supposed to be this way. When setting the carrier provision, I choose Sprint then click Commit. The Sprint Cab installs and the device reboots. Upon reboot, I go into my carrier provisions again and Telus is green. Is there some reason why Sprint does not stay green? I just performed a factory reset on the Mighty ROM and the carrer provision always shows Telus as green when I restart the phone.

That's normal for the provisioning. As long as you choose the correct one and let it run, it's fine, it automatically defaults to telus and will still show that after you run the correct one, but it's all good. How often are the updates for both yahoo accounts? It sounds like something else is running and slowing things down. I'm not on Mighty right now, but one thing I can tell you about it is it ain't slow... and there are very few if any bugs in his ROM's. You can try flashing to another ROM like X's or Mal's, both of which are flawless like Mighty's but I think you've gonna find the same issues because it really appears that something else is slowing it down and not the ROM.

youngpro83 03-11-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02 (Post 1622512)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

could be something your installing since you say it runs smooth for a couple days,hard reset and leave it barebone for a few days to see if problem is still there.

Yeah I agree with this solution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipangle (Post 1622592)

You can also try flash dancing. From my experience the Sprint stock radio doesnt like to play nicely with custom ROMs. I personally suggest you
Flash back to stock
Hard reset
Clear storage
Flash Custom ROM-Provision
Flash a different radio
Hard reset-Provision
And see how your phone runs without any cabs installed and then start slowly installing them maually soft resetting when prompted. I know its kind of tedious but its worth a try to see if your phone reacts a little better. I personally am using Verizons 1.87.00 I think its called. Not sure but if you go to the radio thread you cant mistake it for any other one.

Edit: I switched ROMs from Mighty Mikes to Mr. X it just plays a little nicer IMO. Also you can try a different ROM. Maybe one that specifically is made for Sprint. Sprint lovers if you like the 2.1 and Neodium Pleutonium I thinks its called if you like 2.5 just a suggestion.

Slipangle 03-11-2010 12:00 PM

One email account updates every 15 minutes and the other every 2 hours. I like performance, so I don't flood the phone with junk. I can't think of what else is causing it to bog down. I just flashed it again with the Mighty Rom Impact and am going to give this a go. If I have a problem again I might flash it back to stock and call in on my insurance. It is just weird that started happening all of a sudden. That was another reason why I was wondering if it was hardware related.

fishingmedic 03-11-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngpro83 (Post 1622674)
You can also try flash dancing. From my experience the Sprint stock radio doesnt like to play nicely with custom ROMs. I personally suggest you
Flash back to stock
Hard reset
Clear storage
Flash Custom ROM-Provision
Flash a different radio
Hard reset-Provision
And see how your phone runs without any cabs installed and then start slowly installing them maually soft resetting when prompted. I know its kind of tedious but its worth a try to see if your phone reacts a little better. I personally am using Verizons 1.87.00 I think its called. Not sure but if you go to the radio thread you cant mistake it for any other one.

Edit: I switched ROMs from Mighty Mikes to Mr. X it just plays a little nicer IMO. Also you can try a different ROM. Maybe one that specifically is made for Sprint. Sprint lovers if you like the 2.1 and Neodium Pleutonium I thinks its called if you like 2.5 just a suggestion.

I'm running the stock Sprint radio as that gives me better signal than any others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipangle (Post 1622679)
One email account updates every 15 minutes and the other every 2 hours. I like performance, so I don't flood the phone with junk. I can't think of what else is causing it to bog down. I just flashed it again with the Mighty Rom Impact and am going to give this a go. If I have a problem again I might flash it back to stock and call in on my insurance. It is just weird that started happening all of a sudden. That was another reason why I was wondering if it was hardware related.

Try flashing to Mr. X's 2.5 ROM and see how that works for you and see if it runs better, trust me, that ROM has some serious performance...

navymarvin 03-11-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipangle (Post 1622679)

If you arent loading anything (cabs) and all you have running is email and a stock update that shouldnt cause what you are explaining. It could be a hardware issue. Has your device been exposed to any extreme conditions or anything other that what it should be exposed to. if it was a software problem flashing a new rom SHOULD clear it out. if it follows you to a different rom than you may have to flash back to stock and take it in to sprint

pinkbunniz 03-11-2010 03:35 PM

My suggestion, and experience has been dont go with the latest build, try the one before it. That usually gives plenty of time for any bugs/glitches to be worked out. Since I've done that (and Im a MightyRom user too) I have had hardly, if any, issues. Good Luck