PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Scan Thumbprint Recognition (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113714)

DeadlySin 03-11-2010 12:53 AM

Scan Thumbprint Recognition

Hi All,

Does Anyone Know Of Any.....

Thumbprint Recognition Software
Eye Scan Recognition Software
To Unlock The Phone...

For The Touch Pro 2 With Windows 6.5 On It?

Have A Good One... :)
Mike

Adrianh85 03-11-2010 12:57 AM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlySin
Hi All,

Does Anyone Know Of Any.....

Thumbprint Recognition Software
Eye Scan Recognition Software
To Unlock The Phone...

For The Touch Pro 2 With Windows 6.5 On It?

Have A Good One... :)
Mike

ummmm! no

QMeli907 03-11-2010 01:08 AM

Re: Scan Thumbprint Recognition

I wouldn't think a resistive touch screen would be able to do thumbprint recognition. Its just 2 layers, it's not like it reads your finger. The screen just picks up where the two layers touch. It's not going to pick up the creases in a fingerprint/thumbprint. It's not nearly that accurate. Just my 2 cents

darren.wlsn1 03-11-2010 01:20 AM

i have a fake gif on my tp, kinda cool looking but fake, use it with s2u2. lol

No1ustad 03-11-2010 01:22 AM

our tech isn't good enough for either....[yet]

JokeZony0u 03-11-2010 01:50 AM

Actually a lenovo phone (or acer?) came out with one 2-3 years back. It really requires the user to scan his finger before the phone unlocks. I remember seeing a video of it it and it was pretty neat.

But back on topic- this isn't possible because the screen isn't meant for anything of that sort. It operates based upon "X and Y" coordinates. As a matter of a fact, no conventional screen can operate as a biometric scanner.

As for a camera using your eye to log you in? They can barely get a computer's facial recognition to work properly. I sh!t you not, I've held up a picture of my friend and it still logged him in (this is lenovo's we're talking about, not some crap aftermarket software).

If you're looking for a laptop, there does exist a laptop that would do eye scanning- you just have to look around for it, mainly because it isn't mainstream at all and expect to pay out of your nose (that info on the computer better be worth guarding) for it. I've seen a picture of it somewhere several years back, the idea is that when the user is bought to the login screen, an iris scanner pops out automatically on the side of the monitor

An eye scanner just isn't possible on a phone, neither a facial recognition for the mere fact that running either would require extensive hardware.

gTen 03-11-2010 01:55 AM

Thumb recognition is not gonna happen without some extension

Eye recognition won't either because it does not have enough focus on the lens.

Face recognition while I do not know if it exists for the phone IS possible without any additional hardware.

What do you want this for exactly?

Edit ----

JokeZony0u face recognition is not that hard..even cameras do it...the concept for face recognition is just isolate out the edges such as your nose, shape of face, location of eyes and match it..thus a picture would easily work.

JokeZony0u 03-11-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1622089)
Thumb recognition is not gonna happen without some extension

Eye recognition won't either because it does not have enough focus on the lens.

Face recognition while I do not know if it exists for the phone IS possible without any additional hardware.

What do you want this for exactly?

Edit ----

JokeZony0u face recognition is not that hard..even cameras do it...the concept for face recognition is just isolate out the edges such as your nose, shape of face, location of eyes and match it..thus a picture would easily work.

Well what I meant to say, is getting it to work properly when a computer doesn't do it well either. Loll

HTCotta 03-11-2010 02:17 AM

The LG Expo has a fingerprint scanner, and a snapdragon. But sadly, a tiny screen.

DeadlySin 03-11-2010 04:05 PM

Just For Fun On My Cell.. I Know Our Screen/Phones Will Not Work..
I Read Some Fake FUN Finger/Thumb Scanning programs For The Iphone &
Some Others Phones. Just Can't Find It For A Windows Base Phone (Touch Pro 2)
I Was Just Looking To Play With Some Friends Like It Was Scanning My Finger/Thumb
Thanks For Everyone Feedback... :))