PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calls to my Sprint phone not coming through?!?!

i've had a few people that's told me that they were calling me at one time or another but i was not picking up their call. the timeframe of the calls was within the last 2 weeks. told them that my phone didn't ringing during those times they were saying they were trying to call me. but just in case, i checked my call log and no missed calls aside from the wife .

anyone else having/had this problem with their sprint phone?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Calls to my Sprint phone not coming through?!?!

More info is needed please. Are you running stock? Custom ROM?

If on stock, update your profile. Also verify that you have your radio turned on. You may have already checked this stuff but you did not specify.

If on custom ROM, did you provision your phone? Flash a new radio?

Bad service area?

A lot of possibilities as you can see. Give more details.

Give some
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

d'oh! sorry about that. was in a hurry to get out of the office, forgot details...lol.

using stock rom, PRL updated yesterday and everything is set as they should be. signal in my house is very good. i just wanted to see if something was up because about 3 people told me the same thing. but the time they were telling me they called, i was receiving calls from other people. so im wondering if somehow it was just one of those network glitches.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Postwhoring VIP

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP

Ok you updated PRL but what about 'Update Profile' When you do this, since you are on Sprint, this configures your phone to be registered on the network. Also verify that you did not accidentally turn off your radio. Have you tested the phone yourself by chance? Calling it from a landline?

You may be right though, it could have been a network glitch. But It doesn't hurt to check your settings. Use ##778# and view your 'NAM' settings to ensure your mobile directory number is set(this should show your phone number)

To better tweak your phone...if you know your MSL, you can edit your ACCOLC to a lower number...3 being the lowest recommended. If you are at a 7 or 8 the network may be pushing your call off the priority list.

Last edited by OR78; 03-10-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

no...did not update profile after prl update. will do that. but the NAM, it says SPCS and not my number. is that incorrect? because you said its supposed to be my number. and radio has never been turned off unless im soft resetting (and i do that late at night right before going to bed). since first being told about this, i tried calling my phone using the cell phone that was trying to call the first time it supposedly happened...call came in and my phone rang. but as i mentioned, this whole time ive been getting phone calls from everyone else. im gonna have the other person try calling me tonight to test it. she's on a different network.

but please advise on the NAM.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Postwhoring VIP

Sorry about that. I wasn't clear enough, Click on the 'View info' tab and go to 'NAM settings'. You number should be show on the 'Mobile Directory Number' tab. This is also where you will see the ACCOLC setting at the far bottom of the list.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:16 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

lol..you were clear. it was me who wasnt looking at the right screen. was gonna edit my post but you already replied. NAM settings is good, profile updated and everyone did a test call and my phone rang. could it be that during those few times, my phone signal was somehow in the bermuda triangle? i really appreciate you taking your time helping me figure this out.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Postwhoring VIP

Wirelessly posted (Da Touch Pro2 with Le Wifi: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

No problem. Thats what we are here for. Could have been your phone bounced out of coverage. Hope everything works for ya from now on.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Ok so sprint was recently updating the services and had some issues with the htc phones they said that it should be fixed by today and if not you can call them to manually refresh your phone. I know because I called about the same issue yesterday.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

whew! at least now i know i wasnt the only one. thanks for the info PB!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2