PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: lime

blackbellysheep is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Calls to my Sprint phone not coming through?!?!

I'm having the same problem. My friends are telling me when they ring me the call goes straight to voice mail. I have no missed calls. I actually called myself once and the call actually went to straight voice mail. I'm not sure its the sprint network as i'm not on that network. I'm using my phone on a GSM network (Cable and Wireless) in Barbados. Also i'm using the stock sprint rom.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

btw...let me be the first to welcome you to the ppcgeeks forum. as i like to say...welcome home and enjoy your stay!!!!!! now on to the topic at hand....

hmmm...how's your signal like with your network where you're at?...pretty good? have you called your carrier to let then know this is happening and ask if there's something going with their network? also check on what OR78's suggestions. and if remember correctly when i was on a gsm network a few years back...there is a setting as far as blocking calls. not sure how you would find it on your phone, but look for that in your phone to see if somehow the phone has it set not to accept incoming calls.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 03-12-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: lime

blackbellysheep is a n00b

Hey thanks for the welcome. My signal most of the time is great. I would make calls and person would text me or email me telling me they were trying to call me right back(this would be minutes after previously talking with them) I will try your suggestion as I am missing important business calls as well.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

On the off chance this might be causing it.. go to comm manager, and tap phone. ( Not the part to turn it on and off, but the word ) It should bring up the sound setting menu with a bunch of tabs below, click CDMA services, highlight DDTM mode and hit "get settings" button. Turn off if on. It is suppose to sent to VM when you get calls in a active data connection. That could be contributing to it.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

would OP have access to this tab and change the settings since her phone is GSM?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

Didn't notice that. Probably not then. Opps.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

blackbellysheep...check this setting if you havent yet. Start> Settings> Phone> GSM/UMTS Services> Call Barring - check if somehow the block incoming calls was checked. if it is, uncheck it. that should fix it. if this isnt the cause, then contact your carrier if you havent done so. let us know how it turns out.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

One quick question. The ones with issues didn't install any program like Advanced Config or Diamond tweak and change ANY of the data disconnect items, right?????
Old 03-13-2010, 12:33 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
One quick question. The ones with issues didn't install any program like Advanced Config or Diamond tweak and change ANY of the data disconnect items, right?????
none of those. closest thing i have is the no push internet cab. but dont think you meant that. i have other cabs installed but they're just eye candy. the good thing about my problem though was it was just isolated during that time frame i mentioned in my first post. but for blackbellysheep, it sounds like its ongoing. are people having problems with the apps/tweaks you mentioned?
Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I've had this issue from time to time on every WM device I've used. It happened last week on my stock Sprint Samsung Intrepid, at home, with great signal strength and no recent PRL update, etc. Just got a voicemail popup and the phone didn't ring, didn't vibrate, nothing. So there could be a number of causes; it may not relate to the TP2 specifically. Personally I think it's a WM thing, particularly since I've seen it on about 5 different WM phones on VZW and Sprint, but I don't recall it happening with the non-smartphones I used to use.

Why is an Intrepid user lurking in here...TP2 is on its way!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2