PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Orb vs Slingbox For TV Streaming With TP2

tech support is free for 90 days so make sure everything works like it should.

You have to watch what the box is broadcasting.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
i used the live chat on the site and the guy took my password and set it up for me perfectly now its working this is great i havent even set it up on my phone yet lol

but when i change my channels with the on screen remote it changes the channels on my tv at home as well. How can i get it to change the channel on the slingbox site, but not on my tv?

i have a cable box that broadcasts to 2 tvs one via a antenna that controlls a tv in another roomm that can watch different channels and one tv that its directly connected to...

on the back of my box i have a set of av ports for the tv thats in another room, the tv that the cable box is connected to and another set of av ports that say

Y
PB
Pr

what are these ports for? and can i use these to watch different programming and change channels without changing the channel on my tv ?

Those connections are actually component video connections. They will not work if hooked up to standard red, white and yellow. Those connections are used if your tv does not have an hdmi port. It is the older way of getting high def to a slightly older high def tv. I hope that makes sense!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post

I own PRO version, and am glad I paid about 50 bucks more from craigslist.
I have the Pro also, & I like that it has an internal tuner so I can watch a different channel than what is showing on my home TV (Using cable)

~John
Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Almost a VIP

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have the Pro also, & I like that it has an internal tuner so I can watch a different channel than what is showing on my home TV (Using cable)

~John
Hmn how is this done?

My setup is following.

actual cable line going into cable box, then the cablebox outputs to the slingbox via 5 cables/HD cable.

Pretty much have to watch same channel.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

ok everythings working fine. i just have to configure the remote to change channels better with the numerical input
Old 03-14-2010, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
Hmn how is this done?

My setup is following.

actual cable line going into cable box, then the cablebox outputs to the slingbox via 5 cables/HD cable.

Pretty much have to watch same channel.
If you put a 2-1 splitter in the line before the cable box, you can run one cable line to your component cable adapter & the 2nd cable line directly to the SlingBox.

You then run the setup assistant twice, once for each input.

At that point, from your phone you will have a choice of either
(under options>change device) COAX: basic cable or Component: Cable Box. If you choose COAX, you will only get basic cable (no premium channels like HBO etc) but it will not affect what is being shown on the home TV.

I find this handy in another way also. Sometimes if my network signal is kinda weak I can switch to the basic cable setup & get better Sling reception.

~John
Old 03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Almost a VIP

ahh i see what you mean. my channels are way too limited that way though.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

im currently using the free 30 day trial version of slingbox on my phone, and i was wondering once u pay do you get a different user interface within the application on the phone??
Old 03-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Almost a VIP

no, same thing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

What application are you all using to stream video on the TP2? I set up Orb. It streams perfectly on my other PC's but it is VERY choppy on the TP2 using the default Windows media player..... i have tried using the 3g data and Wifi and they are both the same.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2