PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

taggart6 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP:Sprint TP2 touchflo3d

I just back them up to outlook on my pc in a csv file.

This might help you:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109336
Old 03-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant_410 View Post
Is there some sort virus scan for the phone so u can scan b4 u install ROMS?
BTW, I am in the process of uninstalling all the prgs that are not stock, but it just hangs for minutes and then appears to have removed the prg
kaspersky has a wm virus scan...it slows down the phone a little bit...also gives you the opportunity to black/whitelist any numbers that call or text you... i used it for a bit but didnt buy after free trial..heres the link http://www.kaspersky.com/mobile_downloads
Old 03-10-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

You can dump your pim.vol file from the root of your windows folder into your sd card and then replace it on the root of the windows folder again after you hard reset.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 cdma
Threadstarter

bigant_410 is a n00b

How do I do that fishingmedic?
Old 03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant_410 View Post
How do I do that fishingmedic?
Use total commander and copy it from the /windows folder and paste it into the sd card, the root or into a folder of the sd card. Then hard reset. If you don't have total commander you can try it with the stock file explorer but I don't know if it will do that, but you can try it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

Any luck Bigant?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 cdma
Threadstarter

bigant_410 is a n00b

Yes, was able to get it back to normal, just lost all txt and emails.
Can sync with laptop when I get home to retrieve contacts.

Is the Android ROM very stable, or which is the best WM6.5 that functions close to normal? Normal being, I still have all the functions that a STOCK ROM has, just runs better.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
VIP Member

I wouldn't bother with Android full time right now, get yourself a good ROM and play around with android, but it's not ready for f/t use. As far as ROM's, take a glance at MR. X's 2.1 or 2.5, both are rock solid and stable, as are Mal's 6.5 or 6.5.3 and Mighty's 2.1. I'm running Mr. X's 2.5 and there's not a bug to be found, but any of those are stable for every day use.

Edit: did you not back anything up? If not, make sure you back up your contacts as soon as they're reloaded. If you use any of the ROM's I note, I believe they all have MS Myphone built in, it's a great app to back up your info.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you want an easy on your storage card backup program for messages, contacts, tasks,etc... use PIM backup.. here it is.. its an .exe so make a folder on your sdcard unrar it there and click on it. make sure you make the path for saving so u can find it easy...then when youre done with the hard reset click on the .exe again and find the backup u just did...and blammo youre done.. messages and all restored.. if you have alot of messages you backup just soft reset after its done, it can sometimes slow down the phone for a sec...
Attached Files
File Type: rar PPCPimBackup.rar (165.3 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
if you want an easy on your storage card backup program for messages, contacts, tasks,etc... use PIM backup.. here it is.. its an .exe so make a folder on your sdcard unrar it there and click on it. make sure you make the path for saving so u can find it easy...then when youre done with the hard reset click on the .exe again and find the backup u just did...and blammo youre done.. messages and all restored.. if you have alot of messages you backup just soft reset after its done, it can sometimes slow down the phone for a sec...
I was gonna post that earlier, but the phone was so borked he said he couldn't load anything on to it. I used to use that also, but found that if I loaded someones phone number I had to remember to backup at that time and with Myphone is does it for me every night.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2