PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

myserie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
for all of those of you who complained about the NFL app(sprint)

Well you no longer have anything to complain about as some of you may know sprint has lost its deal with the nfl and now will be moving to verizion. For some of you this means nothing but for the die hard football fans such as myself this was the main reason that I got sprint service. For as bad as the app was I did enjoy listening to the games because I am a steelers fan (i think ben did it) living in SC. i got the chance to at least hear the games but now I am now ready to move on to verizion, however I just signed on for another two years a couple of weeks ago. Think I going to pay the early termination fee. yes I love football that much and think that sprint has no idea of how many costumers they will be losing because of this but I am one of them.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

die hard Steelers fan here ... i didnt even know you could listen to games on that app. but being at the jersey shore & only getting 1 cbs(Jets mainly) i hit up the local bars & get FREE nfl ticket lol. never miss a game. y listen when u can watch n keep sprint at same time lol just a thought!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

erikdrakon is keeping up the good workerikdrakon is keeping up the good workerikdrakon is keeping up the good work
Re: for all of those of you who complained about the NFL app(sprint)

I can't believe they lost this, it's one of the major reason i have had a sprint phone, I loved being able to hear my team (Falcons) which is an out of market team, does this mean were losing nfl network as well on our sprint tv? I loved being able to brag and watch the thursday night games. this is a sad sad day, we don't have 6.5 we lose NFL, whats next?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Yeah i like that app also but its definitely not the deal breaker for carriers. Honestly i think vzw or the nfl should sell that app in the app store for 4.99 to non vzw customers but its just a thought.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-10-2010, 03:05 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I bet Nascar Sprint Cup Mobile will be right behind the NFL Mobile.

What a complete joke.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

myserie is a n00b

Yes this is truly a sad day I am not sure about the NFL network but I would think so because it is ran by the NFL. As for Nascar even though I have never really used this app it would not surprise me at all if they lose the rights to this also to at&t or something. Instead of sprint buying other prepaid companies such as virgin mobile and such they should have been using the money to keep the NFL and there customers happy thing is that it would have been just another 500,000 per year than what they were already paying the NFL. Plus verision will be showing live streaming of the Sunday night games man sprint really dropped the ball on this one (pun intended)
Old 03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The app was garbage. Verizon can have it.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G

lilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilflip21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to lilflip21

There was no way sprint was getting a satisfactory return on that investment and its doubtful verizon will.. its more of market ploy and name dropper to say you have the "NFL" the app is usable but not great or widely used by a majority of sprint users and if your a real fan your going to find a TV or bar to watch the game at and if you have to be somewhere i would rather record the game at home to watch later then listen to it.. They need full video coverage of every game "NFL Ticket" style to make it a successful app which they won't do due to there other contracts with direct tv. so its modestly usable app but not great and highly over priced for the carrier due to the "NFL" name and logo..
Old 03-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Sprint wasn't outbid by Verizon they decided not to renew cuz it wasn't worth it to them. Verizon is paying $740 MILLION for 4 years! How do you think they are going to recoup that money? Remember that Sprint gave it to us for free, bet Verizon won't be that generous.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

myserie is a n00b

sprint was getting the deal for 1 m a year it was a 5 yrs deal 1.5 x 5 = 750m years verizons deal is only for 4 yrs but im sure they could have worked something out with the time with the NFL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2