PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc Evo
Carrier: sprint

drtdiver83 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyone else get annoyed with opera

does anyone else get annoyed with the way opera loads pages? it looks like the page is done loading you zoom in start reading and bam its loading again takes u to the top of the page or bottom. then you have to find where you were on the page. maybe i expect to do things a little too fast. i just find it very annoying.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

boxeduphouses is becoming a great contributor
Re: anyone else get annoyed with opera

That happens to me sometimes as well however for the most part I have found that Opera kicks PIE's booty with the exception of not being able to handle Flash natively. Have you tried installing the latest beta build from Opera? Perhaps it works better then the stock version given to us TP2 users? Goodluck!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

speedracersdead is a n00b

I've ditched Opera for Skyfire...well mostly. I still have Opera on the phone...but don't really use it anymore because I find it sluggish and annoyingly unnatural to navigate/zoom. I also think it uses more resources than Skyfire...but have no proof for that one.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i do agree that opera kicks the butt of most browsers out there. i havent used the new opera 10 i plan on it. skyfire in my opinion is cool for video playback but is balls slow. and quite frankly looks like crap.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Skyfire is ok but needs to add tabs, both need better zooming.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

I cant wait for firefox to come out for wm. Looks very promising from the video Ive seen.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i second that on firefox. when they roll that out i think i may dump every other browser like ive done on my pc and mac.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

Guys give the Opera 10 beta 2 a try. Its way better IMO then the stock opera that comes with our phone. Everything from zooming, to page rendering, and tabed browsing is 10x better. It does still sometimes however do the page loading thing and jump you to the top but is much less then the old version.

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 02-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtdiver83 View Post
i do agree that opera kicks the butt of most browsers out there. i havent used the new opera 10 i plan on it. skyfire in my opinion is cool for video playback but is balls slow. and quite frankly looks like crap.

heve you tried the new skyfire? imho it looks pretty damn good now that it supports vga res., but then again im coming from using it for years with it looking completely like crap
Old 02-08-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

I mostly stick with Opera Mini. I just hate the checkerboard you get with all the other browsers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2