PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: *****hspl***** is there support for it anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt4inSC View Post
I can't seem to get any help in the HSPL thread..... seem's like no matter what I'm wasting my time
probably cause you've never posted in the hspl thread

Last edited by razorloves; 03-19-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspitman View Post
3) The reason that the HSPL was limited to one free unlock was because previous unlocks were being re-sold.
Now, I'm sure, the cracked version is being resold. Once again, DRM only hurts the paying customers.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Lets state this. I say they should only sell a sim unlocker. Really who buys a phone with a unlocker bootloader so they can do custom roms. Anyone who can install a custom rom has the know how to install a free unlocker themselves.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

whoa- did I miss something? Is there a hacked/free unlocker now?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Srt4inSC is keeping up the good workSrt4inSC is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
probably cause you've never posted in the hspl thread
good point....I just skipped the posting there and went straight to the ticket page like your suppose too... posted here because I'm having the same problem the people on this thread are having...
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
whoa- did I miss something? Is there a hacked/free unlocker now?
there was a hacked one posted on ppcgeeks shortly after the hspl was released. it was removed pretty quickly though. so, i'm sure some people downloaded it before it was removed.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I definitely understand everyone's point of view but being as they are not a company in reality there Are only 2 options.

Option 1 deal with the lacking support and donate $15 after the 1st free unlock or

Option 2 close the website and take down the hspl altogether, which one do you want?
They don't have to create hspl or offer it to the community. They've been doing it all these years for free and people have been getting over, now its their turn. DEAL WITH IT or use your phone stock.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I definitely understand everyone's point of view but being as they are not a company in reality there Are only 2 options.

Option 1 deal with the lacking support and donate $15 after the 1st free unlock or

Option 2 close the website and take down the hspl altogether, which one do you want?
They don't have to create hspl or offer it to the community. They've been doing it all these years for free and people have been getting over, now its their turn. DEAL WITH IT or use your phone stock.
i agree.
it's only 6 bucks and some change though. not 15
Old 03-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I actually contacted them on IRC, got a response from Cmonex asking which HSPL I was referring to.
I told her the Rhodium CDMA, and then never heard from her again. ?!?!?!!!!

This is unacceptable. Mine is a replacement which I already had to pay for out of pocket. I need to pay MORE money just to get it back to where my old phone was?
I agree with the poster who wrote DRM only hurts your customers. We're not trying to sell it or make a buck off of people's hard work! We're legit customers. It sounds like all of us here have a legitimate reason that I need to do it again. I'd like to also point out that I had trouble running it the first time because the unlocker crashed (probably because of my virus scan, not sure), but it flagged my IP and IMEI as being used before even though it failed! Bad experience, took me a while to get that sorted out. So, as far as I'm concerned, the HardSPL *NEVER* worked right from the beginning!

But what really gets me is the lack of support. The way they seem to ignore us- if they would reply, even just to say "no, please pay the fee this time, sorry", it would be better than ignoring us. If things were different, and the HSPL went smoothly, I would donate some money out of appreciation. But now, I'm finding this experience infuriating. I'd rather crack it then give them money.

I figured it would be a matter of time before someone cracks it, I'm just surprised I never heard about it before... pm me if you've got any details.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
I actually contacted them on IRC, got a response from Cmonex asking which HSPL I was referring to.
I told her the Rhodium CDMA, and then never heard from her again. ?!?!?!!!!

This is unacceptable. Mine is a replacement which I already had to pay for out of pocket. I need to pay MORE money just to get it back to where my old phone was?
I agree with the poster who wrote DRM only hurts your customers. We're not trying to sell it or make a buck off of people's hard work! We're legit customers. It sounds like all of us here have a legitimate reason that I need to do it again. I'd like to also point out that I had trouble running it the first time because the unlocker crashed (probably because of my virus scan, not sure), but it flagged my IP and IMEI as being used before even though it failed! Bad experience, took me a while to get that sorted out. So, as far as I'm concerned, the HardSPL *NEVER* worked right from the beginning!

But what really gets me is the lack of support. The way they seem to ignore us- if they would reply, even just to say "no,please pay the fee this time, sorry", it would be better than ignoring us. If things were different, and the HSPL went smoothly, I would donate some money out of appreciation. But now, I'm finding this experience infuriating. I'd rather crack it then give them money.

I figured it would be a matter of time before someone cracks it, I'm just surprised I never heard about it before... pm me if you've got any details.
I guess to each his own, I've unlocked 6 times between 2 tp2s and haven't had 1 hitch, I'm going to have to say whatever errors your getting are user related. For example your virus protection, even though I'm sure everyone uses virus protection, Norton internet security here.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2