PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What's your ROM flashing rate? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113564)

Comstar 03-09-2010 11:15 PM

What's your ROM flashing rate?

I'm working on a project and was wondering if everyone could help me out. I need to gather information on how often you flash, and if it's to a different ROM, or to a new version of the same ROM.

I tend to stick to the same ROM and just flash upgrades. Maybe once every 2 weeks I will flash something new just to check it out.

So I average about 8 flashes a month with 6 being the same ROM

I am not interested in which ROM's you flash, just how often.

Thanks for any input - feel free to post a comment!

And yes I know I spelled Monthly wrong 3 out of 4 times in the poll. Typed too fast and copied the wrong line!

redd214 03-09-2010 11:18 PM

Re: What's your ROM flashing rate?

this will be interesting to see, i hope a lot of people participate!

i flash probably once every 2 or 3 days. i use calkulins kitchen to make my own so i guess that would be considered updating to a newer version of the same rom.

btw you should add a poll to your post also, good luck!

HTC_TP 03-09-2010 11:21 PM

I flash, on average, once every week to different ROMs.

Comstar 03-09-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1619163)
this will be interesting to see, i hope a lot of people participate!

i flash probably once every 2 or 3 days. i use calkulins kitchen to make my own so i guess that would be considered updating to a newer version of the same rom.

btw you should add a poll to your post also, good luck!

Great idea - just added one!

dtrush 03-09-2010 11:32 PM

I flash a new rom when my old one breaks, or something comes out that is just too tempting to try.

I used to build kitchens with Calkulin's roms a lot an try almost every new sys which would come out. I have determined that I don't have enough time to keep setting stuff up each time I feel I need to.

I switched over to the Mr. X February 2.5 because of recommendations from people on this board for being stable and fast. So far this is absolutely true. Very pleased.

I guess I'll run this one until I absolutely need to change it out. Maybe for 6 weeks or so and then invest another hour into configuring the next one.
I'm not able to run the stock rom because I need to run the Telus radio. If not I will get drop more calls than usual. Sad but true](*,)

ai6908 03-09-2010 11:33 PM

At least 10 times a week....sometimes 10 times a day! It all depends on whats kooking!;)

dtrush 03-09-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ai6908 (Post 1619204)
At least 10 times a week....sometimes 10 times a day! It all depends on whats kooking!;)

If you're always flashing your phone, when do you find the time to use it?:mrgreen:

ai6908 03-09-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 1619212)
If you're always flashing your phone, when do you find the time to use it?:mrgreen:

When I am not flashing! lol

dtrush 03-09-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ai6908 (Post 1619221)
When I am not flashing! lol

Configuring and testing isn't considered "using" really.:evil4:

Comstar 03-10-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 1619235)
Configuring and testing isn't considered "using" really.:evil4:

I really wanted to add a question about "Has flashing adversely affected your personal life" - But then I would have to look in the mirror!! :)