PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 Metro PCS Failed Flash (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113555)

snook954 03-09-2010 08:44 PM

TP2 Metro PCS Failed Flash

So i went to the metro store for the 5th time to attempt to flash my touch pro 2, to the metro pcs network. First their computers couldn't connect with houdinisoft's servers to get the drivers, then i couldn't get to the diag mode on the phone for some reason. After searching through forums i got around all that and got it to communicate with their computers and houdinisoft. Now i am stuck and have no idea how to fix this issue. For some reason, it just FAILS. And the people at the store have no idea what to do. Can someone please help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated. I'm running energy rom, on a sprint version. By the way, the diagnostic mode has to be accessed like its on verizon (##3424 send, instead of ##3424#)

pl0323 04-22-2010 02:54 PM

Re: TP2 Metro PCS Failed Flash

All I did was download latest PRL, contacted a Metro dealer in Miami ($45) to enter my phone # and ESN in the metro system and my TP2 is working on metro. Thw latest update to houdini does include the TP2, find a different metro store.

pimpsuprazx 04-22-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snook954 (Post 1618809)
So i went to the metro store for the 5th time to attempt to flash my touch pro 2, to the metro pcs network. First their computers couldn't connect with houdinisoft's servers to get the drivers, then i couldn't get to the diag mode on the phone for some reason. After searching through forums i got around all that and got it to communicate with their computers and houdinisoft. Now i am stuck and have no idea how to fix this issue. For some reason, it just FAILS. And the people at the store have no idea what to do. Can someone please help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated. I'm running energy rom, on a sprint version. By the way, the diagnostic mode has to be accessed like its on verizon (##3424 send, instead of ##3424#)

its probably because you haven't changed your MSL/SPC code to six zero's and updated the PRL.

affliction 04-23-2010 04:05 AM

agreed change the spc to all zeros and then try it... and to the guy that paid $45 you over paid. normal for metro now is $20

knexx 04-23-2010 06:39 AM

hope this isnt considered thread hijacking.. so downloading the prl, and changing the spc to zeros is the only thing necessary to have a phone metroflashed? im having the same problem, went to 2 different stores and both said it wouldnt work, no explanation, just it didnt work. and the second store made my phone unable to make any calls, but a flash back to stock rom fixed that...

boredandtattooed 04-23-2010 12:52 PM

your not trying to get it flashed while you had NRGY installed were you??? ive tried several NRGY roms, and the ## codes never work for me.. so that may explain why you cant get into diag mode....

pimpsuprazx 04-23-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knexx (Post 1714748)
hope this isnt considered thread hijacking.. so downloading the prl, and changing the spc to zeros is the only thing necessary to have a phone metroflashed? im having the same problem, went to 2 different stores and both said it wouldnt work, no explanation, just it didnt work. and the second store made my phone unable to make any calls, but a flash back to stock rom fixed that...

for that phone, yes, and it needs to be put into diag mode