PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   After flashing my sprint touch pro 2 it seems slower (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113529)

rigo 03-09-2010 04:25 PM

After flashing my sprint touch pro 2 it seems slower

Is it just me or is this true in every single case?? i used my touch pro 2 for about 2 weeks with out flashing a custom rom.. and it use to work super fast and smooth it almost never froze but now that i have tried about 4 custom roms and going back to the stock rom, my touch pro 2 seems to be slower and less responsive everything takes longer that before. is this normal? or is there something wrong with my pro 2?? i tried doing hard reset and try to run a very clean stock rom with no extra cabs but it still a little bit laggy

HTCotta 03-09-2010 04:29 PM

Re: After flashing my sprint touch pro 2 it seems slower

When you flash a new ROM, do you Hard Reset (Clear Storage or otherwise) before configuring it?

HTCotta 03-09-2010 04:31 PM

Haaaawhoops, just read again and you said you tried a hard reset. Hmm...then I dunno, keep in mind it could be a mental thing too.

rigo 03-09-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1618248)
When you flash a new ROM, do you Hard Reset (Clear Storage or otherwise) before configuring it?

huh? so every time i flash a rom i need to hard reset before i star using it?:scratch::scratch::scratch:

Biggzz 03-09-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigo (Post 1618256)
huh? so every time i flash a rom i need to hard reset before i star using it?:scratch::scratch::scratch:

Flash the ROM and then hard reset after it fully customizes. So yes two hard resets.:headbang:

RonaldReagan 03-10-2010 03:54 PM

Rigo, did this help? Mine is the same, super fast out of the box... then a little laggy after flashing...

rigo 03-10-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonaldReagan (Post 1620693)
Rigo, did this help? Mine is the same, super fast out of the box... then a little laggy after flashing...

nope.. let me explain my self better. i flash a rom.. then go back to the stock rom and thats when i feel that the phone lags and kind of slow.. some times you tube even tells me that the phone is out of memory and i dont have any other programs running.](*,)](*,)](*,)

supdawg 03-10-2010 04:42 PM

Like everyone else said, hard reset after a flash to a new ROM. If that doesn't cure it:
1. Flash to stock ROM
2. Hard Reset
3. Flash Custom ROM
4. Hard Reset

If that doesn't fix it try a new ROM. Mr X's 2.5 ROM is SUPER fast. If that ROM doesn't run well on your device, you need to get a new phone because yours is obviously borked.

fishingmedic 03-10-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supdawg (Post 1620847)
Like everyone else said, hard reset after a flash to a new ROM. If that doesn't cure it:
1. Flash to stock ROM
2. Hard Reset
3. Flash Custom ROM
4. Hard Reset

If that doesn't fix it try a new ROM. Mr X's 2.5 ROM is SUPER fast. If that ROM doesn't run well on your device, you need to get a new phone because yours is obviously borked.

He's saying that when he flashes back to STOCK is when it's running slow, not when he flashed to a custom ROM (I'm not sure why he's flashing back to stock other than to do the flash dance IMO, but to each his own.) I personally think it's just that stock is loaded down w/ bloatware and when you're adding even more stuff on top of that, it's gonna run slow. that's what's nice about the custom ROM's, they're tweaked for you, just gotta find the right one. Now you want speed and stability on a custom ROM...take a glance at X's 2.5, rock solid and faster than hell.

rigo 03-10-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 1621149)
He's saying that when he flashes back to STOCK is when it's running slow, not when he flashed to a custom ROM (I'm not sure why he's flashing back to stock other than to do the flash dance IMO, but to each his own.) I personally think it's just that stock is loaded down w/ bloatware and when you're adding even more stuff on top of that, it's gonna run slow. that's what's nice about the custom ROM's, they're tweaked for you, just gotta find the right one. Now you want speed and stability on a custom ROM...take a glance at X's 2.5, rock solid and faster than hell.

exactly, i went back because i did not like any of the roms i tried but if the update does not come out withing the next couple of weeks i will try it for sure thanks!