PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 on Alltel

I am still with Alltel (divested market) and would like to upgrade to a TP2. Is it possible to buy a TP2 off ebay or wherever and tweak it to work on Alltel? I have done this in the past (TP from Sprint working on Alltel) but currently Alltel does not offer the TP2.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP2 on Alltel

The biggest issue is if they will accept the esn number. Get an esn from a seller and then call and ask if they will accept. If not then you can not legally have a TP2 on alltel
Old 03-09-2010, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

From what i understand from my VZW engineer friend, for those people that are still in the "Alltel market" you can bring an Alltel phone into the VZW market, but you can't bring a VZW device to an Alltel market.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
From what i understand from my VZW engineer friend, for those people that are still in the "Alltel market" you can bring an Alltel phone into the VZW market, but you can't bring a VZW device to an Alltel market.
plus one. my sister has alltel, she said verizon let her keep her plan and phone for 2 years, but she's gonna have to switch to verizon after that.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

that is true, you can have a Alltel Device of Verizon plan (however difficulties can arise with monthly plan), however I still have out Family Plan on a mixed Verizon/ Alltel Plan. I dont know the exact details on how they did it, however We have a Moto Droid, 2 HTC Droid Eris's, an Alltel Scoop, and my HTC Touch Pro 2 all on an Alltel 1400 Minute Plan with unlimited Messaging. I also was told by a Rep when I was in the store paying my bill, that there are a few Alltel Branded Touch Pro2's roaming the country. I don't know if he was actually telling the truth or just talking to hear himself sound knowledgeable.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 03-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

rev800x is becoming a great contributor

I'll have to get an esn # from a TP2 and give Alltel a call and see what happens. I'm going crazy with my TP. The thing is a pile! Rebooting on it's own, dropping calls, chrome is all cracked etc. Alltel has crap for phones but my plan is much cheaper then it would be with VZW. What's a guy to do?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
I'll have to get an esn # from a TP2 and give Alltel a call and see what happens. I'm going crazy with my TP. The thing is a pile! Rebooting on it's own, dropping calls, chrome is all cracked etc. Alltel has crap for phones but my plan is much cheaper then it would be with VZW. What's a guy to do?
Call them up ..... they should let you keep your current Alltel Plan with a Verizon TP2. I did the exact thing as soon as I was eligible to get a Verizon Phone back in October.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

draco751 is a n00b

You can also change you ESN on the alltel site as well. It's hidden, but its there... Might save ya a few phone calls and headaches possably.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

jdmm72 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnight View Post
that is true, you can have a Alltel Device of Verizon plan (however difficulties can arise with monthly plan), however I still have out Family Plan on a mixed Verizon/ Alltel Plan. I dont know the exact details on how they did it, however We have a Moto Droid, 2 HTC Droid Eris's, an Alltel Scoop, and my HTC Touch Pro 2 all on an Alltel 1400 Minute Plan with unlimited Messaging. I also was told by a Rep when I was in the store paying my bill, that there are a few Alltel Branded Touch Pro2's roaming the country. I don't know if he was actually telling the truth or just talking to hear himself sound knowledgeable.
According to everyone I've talked to, you CANNOT have a Alltel Device on a "Verizon" plan. You can have a Verizon device on an Alltel plan. I have went round and round with Verizon, including BBB, FCC and lawsuits, and this is their stance. They will NOT allow a Alltel device on a Verizon plan, but they will allow a Verizon device on an Alltel plan, ie, you can use a Droid/TP2/Eris on a grandfathered Alltel Plan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2