PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 on Alltel (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113514)

rev800x 03-09-2010 12:41 PM

TP2 on Alltel

I am still with Alltel (divested market) and would like to upgrade to a TP2. Is it possible to buy a TP2 off ebay or wherever and tweak it to work on Alltel? I have done this in the past (TP from Sprint working on Alltel) but currently Alltel does not offer the TP2.

Rhodium500 03-09-2010 12:45 PM

Re: TP2 on Alltel

The biggest issue is if they will accept the esn number. Get an esn from a seller and then call and ask if they will accept. If not then you can not legally have a TP2 on alltel

jshaas2 03-09-2010 12:46 PM

From what i understand from my VZW engineer friend, for those people that are still in the "Alltel market" you can bring an Alltel phone into the VZW market, but you can't bring a VZW device to an Alltel market.

Dr.8820 03-09-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1617586)
From what i understand from my VZW engineer friend, for those people that are still in the "Alltel market" you can bring an Alltel phone into the VZW market, but you can't bring a VZW device to an Alltel market.

plus one. my sister has alltel, she said verizon let her keep her plan and phone for 2 years, but she's gonna have to switch to verizon after that.

RKnight 03-09-2010 01:27 PM

that is true, you can have a Alltel Device of Verizon plan (however difficulties can arise with monthly plan), however I still have out Family Plan on a mixed Verizon/ Alltel Plan. I dont know the exact details on how they did it, however We have a Moto Droid, 2 HTC Droid Eris's, an Alltel Scoop, and my HTC Touch Pro 2 all on an Alltel 1400 Minute Plan with unlimited Messaging. I also was told by a Rep when I was in the store paying my bill, that there are a few Alltel Branded Touch Pro2's roaming the country. I don't know if he was actually telling the truth or just talking to hear himself sound knowledgeable.

rev800x 03-09-2010 02:08 PM

I'll have to get an esn # from a TP2 and give Alltel a call and see what happens. I'm going crazy with my TP. The thing is a pile! Rebooting on it's own, dropping calls, chrome is all cracked etc. Alltel has crap for phones but my plan is much cheaper then it would be with VZW. What's a guy to do?

RKnight 03-09-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rev800x (Post 1617813)
I'll have to get an esn # from a TP2 and give Alltel a call and see what happens. I'm going crazy with my TP. The thing is a pile! Rebooting on it's own, dropping calls, chrome is all cracked etc. Alltel has crap for phones but my plan is much cheaper then it would be with VZW. What's a guy to do?

Call them up ..... they should let you keep your current Alltel Plan with a Verizon TP2. I did the exact thing as soon as I was eligible to get a Verizon Phone back in October.

draco751 03-11-2010 04:11 PM

You can also change you ESN on the alltel site as well. It's hidden, but its there... Might save ya a few phone calls and headaches possably.

jdmm72 03-20-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKnight (Post 1617701)
that is true, you can have a Alltel Device of Verizon plan (however difficulties can arise with monthly plan), however I still have out Family Plan on a mixed Verizon/ Alltel Plan. I dont know the exact details on how they did it, however We have a Moto Droid, 2 HTC Droid Eris's, an Alltel Scoop, and my HTC Touch Pro 2 all on an Alltel 1400 Minute Plan with unlimited Messaging. I also was told by a Rep when I was in the store paying my bill, that there are a few Alltel Branded Touch Pro2's roaming the country. I don't know if he was actually telling the truth or just talking to hear himself sound knowledgeable.

According to everyone I've talked to, you CANNOT have a Alltel Device on a "Verizon" plan. You can have a Verizon device on an Alltel plan. I have went round and round with Verizon, including BBB, FCC and lawsuits, and this is their stance. They will NOT allow a Alltel device on a Verizon plan, but they will allow a Verizon device on an Alltel plan, ie, you can use a Droid/TP2/Eris on a grandfathered Alltel Plan.