PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   DOES YOUR SENSE 2.1 DO THIS? Messages tab shows sms on LEFT SIDE ONLY. (landscape) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113513)

chronster 03-09-2010 12:37 PM

DOES YOUR SENSE 2.1 DO THIS? Messages tab shows sms on LEFT SIDE ONLY. (landscape)

Has anyone ever encountered this before? This is sense 2.1:

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/o.../Screen001.png

See how the message is on the left side and not stretched across in landscape like it should be?

How can I fix this!?

chronster 03-09-2010 01:51 PM

Re: DOES YOUR SENSE 2.1 DO THIS? Messages tab shows sms on LEFT SIDE ONLY. (landscap

Ok so someone else confirmed they had this, but I still think it's not supposed to be this way and there might be a fix.

Anyone?

HTCotta 03-09-2010 01:54 PM

Re: DOES YOUR SENSE 2.1 DO THIS? Messages tab shows sms on LEFT SIDE ONLY. (landscap

Happened to me (when i used to use 2.1) but not super frequently. I chalked it up to just another bug and would always slide closed, then open again and it usually behaved.

freeza 03-09-2010 02:08 PM

I got this when i started using the SMS patch that made messages open with WM messaging and not HTC.

lipidfats 03-09-2010 02:17 PM

i saw this in a build of sense 2.5.. i think it happened when people slide out the keyboard when in another tab or something... not sure if it's the same issue as 2.1

chronster 03-09-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeza (Post 1617812)
I got this when i started using the SMS patch that made messages open with WM messaging and not HTC.

BINGO!

Just uninstalled it and it went back to normal.

What is the registry entry the cab changes? why on earth would that cab need to do anything with our manila files?

dumpringz 03-09-2010 03:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

yup freeza same for me. maybe just coincidence but after removing that cab my phone was freezing up & forced me to clear storage. .. now if there was only a fix for when im using opera & the entire screen is shifted over to the left when keyboard is already open

briggs 03-09-2010 03:22 PM

it changes the manila mode9 file that controls the positioning and shortcut behaviour of the links on the tab. nothing to do with the registry.

chronster 03-09-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briggs (Post 1618060)
it changes the manila mode9 file that controls the positioning and shortcut behaviour of the links on the tab. nothing to do with the registry.

ooohhh ok. So its just a bad edit to a manila file? What is changed in regards to the shortcut?

(you wouldn't happen to know which file it is would you? lol)

chronster 03-09-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumpringz (Post 1618043)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

yup freeza same for me. maybe just coincidence but after removing that cab my phone was freezing up & forced me to clear storage. .. now if there was only a fix for when im using opera & the entire screen is shifted over to the left when keyboard is already open

Don't have any issues on my end after removing it.

That issue with opera sounds very bizarre also. Good luck with that.