PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet sharing and sim card problem.

So I was playing with android on my sprint TP2 which requires removing the sim card to access data correctly when i noticed a problem. After booting back into windows i noticed my internet sharing no longer works. The bottom box that shows the available network connections is now blank where before it showed phone as modem and sprint networks. I re-internet the connections and still do not show up, reset, still nothing, pop the sim card back in and tada they are back. Seems as though the IntShrUI.exe from the posted ICS Fix needs the sim card in to function properly. I copied the IntShrUI.exe from the INTERNETSHARING package which is part of WM SYS builds and it connects but that is because it is indifferent to what network it is using and just connects to the network defined as default and actually doesnt even show the bottom network selector box. So i guess what i would like to know is if anyone has a version of IntShrUI.exe that shows the network selection box but works without the sim card having to be inserted? Or even knows if there is an easier fix?

Last edited by DomSim; 03-09-2010 at 12:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Internet sharing and sim card problem.

*wall of text does 999 damage and disperses crowd*
Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

samaritrey is a n00b

thank you i got my TP2 as a refub from sprint for my TP. it did not come with a sim card and i could not figure out why internet sharing would not work for usb or bluetooth. it would not show up so i had to use WIFI router. now that i ordered my sim card from sprint it shows up thanks

OH Yeah!!
ATT ~2005-2007 V220, V3
Sprint 2007-NOW Vogue had issues upgrade me to TP in 2009, TP had issues upgrade me to TP2 in 2010 all for free lol
Old 03-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

well crap, glad i helped you though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2