PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Each cooker to gve their ob subform for custom roms?
yes 18 56.25%
No 14 43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seperate boards per cooked rom?

I think the time is here.. some threads just get to long to find information and each person that makes a rom should petition the website master into making thier own subform to the rom forum so we can keep things straight. As it stands you have to go through 1100 pages on some of them to find ANY information... gets old so maybe its time each gets its own subform that they can control and update.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

djmixmasterthekid is a n00b
Re: Seperate boards per cooked rom?

I'd say yes but only for the major ones
Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmixmasterthekid View Post
I'd say yes but only for the major ones
agreed their maybe the big ones get hier own sub forums and the smaller ones share like thier doing now til they become bigger ( and the web master determines when the smaller ones get ab ig one ) just all the info soo all over the place making it hard for vets and noobs alike
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i voted no. with the newly added android forum honestly i think its would be a waste of resources and would just be more clutter. i agree on your point that some of the rom threads do get bogged down with crap but searching thru long threads gets me all the info i need. chances are in a thread that has 1100 pages your issue or question has been answered before. honestly i think a forced searching tutorial wpuld benefit the forums more.

on a side note 1100 pages, still boggles my mind that people only use the default 10 posts per page and not the 40, i would go mad clicking thru all those pages, just my opinion though
Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
on a side note 1100 pages, still boggles my mind that people only use the default 10 posts per page and not the 40, i would go mad clicking thru all those pages, just my opinion though
wait....WHAT?! I would be one of those mad fools.enlighten me to how you change it kind sir
Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

this was suggested in sote comments. please read there
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by itony View Post
wait....WHAT?! I would be one of those mad fools.enlighten me to how you change it kind sir
goto your usercp, click edit options on the left side, about 2/3 the way down you will see an option for number of posts per page ranging from 5 () to 40
Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

raptorjet22 is becoming a great contributor

Isn't the search function there for this reason? If there's any important information, ideally these would go on the first few posts on that rom and would be kept up-to-date. Some chefs already do this.. some even go through the trouble of writing FAQs and compiling a list of cabs to download for their rom.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorjet22 View Post
Isn't the search function there for this reason? If there's any important information, ideally these would go on the first few posts on that rom and would be kept up-to-date. Some chefs already do this.. some even go through the trouble of writing FAQs and compiling a list of cabs to download for their rom.
search relies on excat phrases and word and people spelling like you. This way we break things up make stickies and have real information easy to find without having to search or make topics every 5 seconds.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

back in tp1 upgrades Psykis ROMs always told users what page the new rom started on... made things REALLY easy to check "current" rom issues... if every chef would drop that info right below the rom dl it would save me from having to buy/wear glasses.

heres the example http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66993

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2