PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Magnumpower's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Reputation: 0
Magnumpower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie here with help please

Hey guys, newbie here.

I have the pro2 from Sprint. had it for a while. Lately, it's been annoying the hell out of me. Very slow, TF3D takes forever to open texts. when scrolling and I stop on texts, it takes about 10 seconds to show the last text. Then when I click it (instead of pressing all messages) it takes about 35 seconds to open so I can reply. Not really quick haha

I get the pin wheel often, and am having to press the reset button when it freezes. I had the ASU2? or something like that installed, (kind of looks like the iphone) but deleted that and the rest of my programs too.

I've read about unlocking the phone so I can run different things that are more efficient, but don't really know what to do.

Can you guys help me out (in a dumbed-down way LOL) and give me break down of everything I need to do?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Magnumpower's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Reputation: 0
Magnumpower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie here with help please

Also, should I upgrade to WM7?

sorry for all the questions, if anyone needs help with what to do to a dodge ram (hence the screen name) I could probably help with that LOL
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Mojary's Avatar
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Cali
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,682
Reputation: 1750
Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie here with help please

when you say deleted the rest of your programs, are you talking about apps/cabs that you've installed after getting the phone?...or are you talking about some of the bloatware on your phone?

the tp2 is not spec'd to run WM7 and official release date won't be until late this year. could you have meant WM6.5? although sprint hasn't released their 6.5, most custom roms are running on 6.5.
__________________
One man's truth is another man's lie.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Magnumpower's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Reputation: 0
Magnumpower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie here with help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
when you say deleted the rest of your programs, are you talking about apps/cabs that you've installed after getting the phone?...or are you talking about some of the bloatware on your phone?

the tp2 is not spec'd to run WM7 and official release date won't be until late this year. could you have meant WM6.5? although sprint hasn't released their 6.5, most custom roms are running on 6.5.
well, I thought I saw WM7. Sure wm6.5...should I upgrade to that? If sprint hasn't released it, can I still get it?Also, what i meant is I deleted programs like S2U2 and the facebook program. Should I delete some other stuff too?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Mojary's Avatar
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Cali
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,682
Reputation: 1750
Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie here with help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumpower View Post
well, I thought I saw WM7. Sure wm6.5...should I upgrade to that? If sprint hasn't released it, can I still get it?Also, what i meant is I deleted programs like S2U2 and the facebook program. Should I delete some other stuff too?
it sounds like something you installed/uninstalled made your phone buggy. or its just wiggin' out on you. have you tried a hard reset? if you do a hard reset, make sure you back up your contact. it will configure your device back to how it was out of the box. it is really up to you if you want to flash to a custom rom. they have a lot more eye candy you can install on your device using custom rom. but like you mentioned in your first post, you have hspl unlock your phone first. also, it will be a matter of which rom you would like to flash into.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 PM
jao36's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint
Location: Michigan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 23
Reputation: 80
jao36 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie here with help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumpower View Post
well, I thought I saw WM7. Sure wm6.5...should I upgrade to that? If sprint hasn't released it, can I still get it?Also, what i meant is I deleted programs like S2U2 and the facebook program. Should I delete some other stuff too?
How many texts do you have? If its alot i would delete them and see if that speeds things up for you. Your apps shouldn't be slowing your phone down as long as don't leave them a bunch of them running in the background.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Magnumpower's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Reputation: 0
Magnumpower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie here with help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jao36 View Post
How many texts do you have? If its alot i would delete them and see if that speeds things up for you. Your apps shouldn't be slowing your phone down as long as don't leave them a bunch of them running in the background.
Well, that is definitely one of the things slowing it down, which I know is my fault. I do around 7500 texts a month lol, but I do delete a lot every couple of weeks. The phone is just all around slow. Switching programs and all that...just slow.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Magnumpower's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Reputation: 0
Magnumpower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie here with help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
it sounds like something you installed/uninstalled made your phone buggy. or its just wiggin' out on you. have you tried a hard reset? if you do a hard reset, make sure you back up your contact. it will configure your device back to how it was out of the box. it is really up to you if you want to flash to a custom rom. they have a lot more eye candy you can install on your device using custom rom. but like you mentioned in your first post, you have hspl unlock your phone first. also, it will be a matter of which rom you would like to flash into.
I was planning to do a hard reset tonight. I usually do that every few months when the phone starts to act up. I would like to do a custom ROM...I am guessing you mean like getting rid of the Touch Flo right? I am not sure what I want though, as I am unsure what everything means. Maybe I could tell you what I'm kind of looking for or some wants that I have and you can maybe direct me as to what's best?

I do like eye candy. I do spend a lot of time texting and surfing the web. I do like the fact that with S2U2, my assigned pictures would fill the whole screen when someone called. I do like games, but those are just .cab files right? Nothing to do with the ROM if i'm not mistaken. Is there anyway to get Voicemail like the Hero's?

I don't know if I'm asking too much out of this phone and you guys lol
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Magnumpower's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Reputation: 0
Magnumpower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie here with help please

you know what else is really pissing me off? I have like this hologram kind of thing in the screen. It's in the center of the screen. I have to bring it in to sprint so they can swap it for me. It happened on my old Touch Pro, too. Maybe what I'll do is unlock this phone and try these new ROMs out while I wait for the new one to come in
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2010, 11:19 PM
a1d2catz's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 176
Reputation: 885
a1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie here with help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumpower View Post
you know what else is really pissing me off? I have like this hologram kind of thing in the screen. It's in the center of the screen. I have to bring it in to sprint so they can swap it for me. It happened on my old Touch Pro, too. Maybe what I'll do is unlock this phone and try these new ROMs out while I wait for the new one to come in

Hey check out this thread. I just helped a guy through this the other day.

Just hit the Thanks button on my threads.

Good luck.

Where can I get manila 2.5?
__________________
Please press the button if the post helped.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com