PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore
Re: Mobile shell 3.5.3= no X button

The X button I am talking about is the HTC X Button, the one in the upper right corner, you click on it, a drop down menu opens up and you can close programs that you are not using. The X button that is there now is just to get out of that program, but it still runs in the back ground, I think.? Or does the X button actually close the program and do away with the HTC X button program
Old 03-08-2010, 04:57 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yeah i gotcha man, and yes the spb built in TM will close any application u select, I just like the original because of its location...always on top unlike the widget, u need to have it on each page...forget it
Old 03-08-2010, 05:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

joshie0 is a n00b

Assuming we have the same layout, if you click on "launcher", the task manager should be one of the first options on top.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks, I tried that and it works, just not as easy or great as X button. Does anyone know if I can drop back to 3.5?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:45 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yeah drop back dude no prob, registration will stay in your tp2...no need to register ,u can reinstall over..
Old 03-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

skip1216 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
I have looked at all the other threads and could not find anything out. Yesturday I went to a Sprint store for an issue with my Video out, and they hard reset my phone, and still didn't fix it, which I should have know better.
but anyway sio I downloaded Mobile shell again and the new version does not have X button, is there something missing, is that the way 3.5.3 is or what? I do have X button with out Mobile Shell
That button you're referring to is, I believe, the HTC Task Manager button and, as you've stated, the drop down displays running programs (along with the 'X' to stop them. It also displays percentage of available memory left. I checked with SPB support and indeed any version of Mobile Shell above 3.5.2 will cause the HTC task manager button to disappear...the technician told me that some new feature in the later version of MS (compatibility with WM 6.5 I think) interferes with it. I like the button also, sooooo, I reverted to Mobile Shell 3.5.2.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:48 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok now i get what the OP was looking for. pulled out my phone and started trying to look for what he was talking about ON the spb...d'oh!!...lol. when i got on ms a couple of months ago, i too started looking for that but i just got used to not seeing it anymore, i guess. so the lower update version will still let me have that button? anyone can you please link me to the right direction where i can get this version? based on what's been said here, since im registered already, downgrading to it will not make any difference in registration, correct?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am attaching the Task Manager I have been using. It puts a little dot in the upper right corner where the X used to be. Tap that dot and it opens up the task manager which shows you how much memory is being used and allows you to close apps.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Task_Manager_X2.cab (1,010.2 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:12 PM
DaFlowMaster

That is correct man, u can downgrade w/o prob.I will look my 3.5.1 up for ya.

Got the 3.5.1, my upload sucks, I will try later or hit me with your email via pm and u ll have later if u cant find it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
ok now i get what the OP was looking for. pulled out my phone and started trying to look for what he was talking about ON the spb...d'oh!!...lol. when i got on ms a couple of months ago, i too started looking for that but i just got used to not seeing it anymore, i guess. so the lower update version will still let me have that button? anyone can you please link me to the right direction where i can get this version? based on what's been said here, since im registered already, downgrading to it will not make any difference in registration, correct?

Last edited by HBOOT; 03-08-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I do like a few of the new things with 3.5.3 such as the size of the menu pop ups, more finger friendly, little faster and less drag/freezing. So maybe a trade off here or there might not that big a deal, plus with the down of the new task manager it is ok

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2