PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

marcopolo78 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I am aware on how to change the left and right soft keys with phm regedit, and have tried to set it to phone, but have no idea what the correct file path should be in order to get the phone dialer to actually open. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

InsipidMonkey is a n00b
Re: Left Soft Key

I just checked mine and the reg values for HomeLskArgument, HomeLskPath and HomeLskText are all blank, so I think phone is the default setting. Try erasing whatever you currently have for those reg entries and see if that fixes it.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

dont know if you know but the file is called cprog in the windows dir which will open the phone dialer

i would think \windows\cprog something to that effect.

just wondering why would you make a softkey for the phone when all you have to do is use the hardware key.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marcopolo78 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

The TP was set up like that and I'm so used to it that everytime I try to make a phone call I have to think of what to hit. Plus I'm tired of the accidental fat fingering of the slider into the camera.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marcopolo78 is a n00b

Thanks unknown and insipidmonkey. I tried unknows idea so far and it did not work unless it needs a .exe or .dll or something like that after the cprog
Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo78 View Post

Thanks unknown and insipidmonkey. I tried unknows idea so far and it did not work unless it needs a .exe or .dll or something like that after the cprog
it's cprog.exe
it should work after you add the .exe
Old 02-18-2010, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marcopolo78 is a n00b

Ok for the path i went \windows\cprog.exe and sad to say had no luck even after soft reset and thank you so much for your help again
Old 02-18-2010, 04:35 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Ok for the path i went \windows\cprog.exe and sad to say had no luck even after soft reset and thank you so much for your help again
i know you said earlier that you know how to do this, but just incase.... are you changing the HomeLskText also?

Last edited by razorloves; 02-18-2010 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marcopolo78 is a n00b

yes just changed it to read phone or is there more to it? I read about chaging the lsk to whatever you want, just never adressed changing to open the dialer.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:00 AM
VIP Member

Quote:

yes just changed it to read phone or is there more to it? I read about chaging the lsk to whatever you want, just never adressed changing to open the dialer.
i just changed mine to make sure and it worked, so i'm not sure what the problem is. Do you have SecondToday installed? what is your today screen (manila or titanium or spb ms)? what does your left softkey currently do?

Last edited by razorloves; 02-18-2010 at 05:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2