PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

This is very wierd but im def not complaining, just curious... well, my ex gf was nice enough to get me a SERO plan back in May 09 when she started working at sprint... I had a tp1 and wasnt under contract or anything. so somehow, i became eligible for a $150\2 year upgrade around October... I used this upgrade on 1\7\2010, signed a contract and got a TP2. I looked at my account online and called customer service yesterday and im eligibe for another $150\2 year upgrade already... how am i eligible for another upgrade already after upgrading exactly 2 months ago? like i said, im not complaining, just curious.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Eligible For Another Upgrade Already?

I had something similar happen. I was up for an upgrade last July. In October I renewed my contract and got a new phone..Well my upgrade got used up, but my contract didn't. In other words, they never renewed my contract, just used my upgrade. So I am still out of contract, but not eligible to upgrade till next year, lol..I guess they just goof up every now and again.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 03-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

well they can keep goofing up as long as its in my favor lol. hhmmm... i think im saving this upgrade for my next ppc.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

savir90 is keeping up the good worksavir90 is keeping up the good work

you're probably a premier customer....i think after youre with sprint for about 2 years they make the upgrade eligibility a year thing..not the whole two year..when it first hapened to me i didnt even wana mention it to them thinkin it was maybe a mistake that i took full advantage of lol, but naw i just became a premier customer and they made my upgrades on a yearly basis

if u log into your account it should say premier customer somewhere there and you get discounts of devices, bluetooth, early upgrades ..ect...

ive been with sprint for aout 5 years and they're the only company that has always looked out for me

Last edited by savir90; 03-07-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savir90 View Post
you're probably a premier customer....i think after youre with sprint for about 2 years they make the upgrade eligibility a year thing..not the whole two year..when it first hapened to me i didnt even wana mention it to them thinkin it was maybe a mistake that i took full advantage of lol, but naw i just became a premier customer and they made my upgrades on a yearly basis
a rep has mentioned something about a premier customer even though ive only been with sprint since may 2009. i was eligible for my 1st upgrade oct 2009 and my 2nd upgrade march 2010. seems like im eligible for a 2 year upgrade every 5 months or something. hhmmm... i guess u cant beat dat!

EDIT: i dont remember seeing anything about being a premier customer online so i dunno...

Last edited by puff601; 03-07-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

savir90 is correct. Its not a goof.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Almost a VIP

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

As a premier customer you are allowed to upgrade once a year as opposed to once every 2 years..BUT you still have to renew your contract. In other works, once a year you can get a new phone and renew for another 2 years. That is what should happen. In my case they gave me the new phone after 1 year and even though I signed a contract, it never renewed in the the system.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
As a premier customer you are allowed to upgrade once a year as opposed to once every 2 years..BUT you still have to renew your contract. In other works, once a year you can get a new phone and renew for another 2 years. That is what should happen. In my case they gave me the new phone after 1 year and even though I signed a contract, it never renewed in the the system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
i understand about the benefits of being a premier customer but that doesnt explain how ive gotten 2 upgrades in under 6 months and ive only been a customer 10 months.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
i understand about the benefits of being a premier customer but that doesnt explain how ive gotten 2 upgrades in under 6 months and ive only been a customer 10 months.
Right, I was just talking about my experience...Not sure how you would even be a premier customer. You don't meet the requirements (10yr customer or plan rate of more than 69.99)..I think they simply screwed up. I would prob get the upgrade before they figure it out, lol.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

lol hmm... i wonder if i could talk them into giving me a tp2 at the same price i paid for my current one ($99 after rebate)? Im not really worried about them taking my 2nd upgrade. they didnt try to take the 1st one, jus curious how i had a upgrade so early. i just told them i dont know but im ready to use it lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2