PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation How do I set up AOL for Push via Activesync?

I need to set up AOL e-mail so it comes in immediately on the TP2 (5 minutes via Outlook is not soon enough). How do I set this up? I know it's done through Activesync, but I'm not sure what settings to enter. Please help. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: How do I set up AOL for Push via Activesync?

I don't think you can. It would require AOL to be set up on an Exchange server, and I'm not sure they offer that sort of feature. If I'm wrong, someone feel free to chime in and correct me.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:54 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Well, it was done on the Blackberry, so there must be some way. I know Activesync does the push/exchange mail.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Lurker

tubesaq is just getting started

Most people getting email through BBs are using Blackberry's service, not something AOL provides. Or maybe there's an app that does it for BBs. AFAIK AOL does not provide push email. For example Google provides push email from their server m.google.com
Old 03-25-2010, 04:10 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Yea, I'm not sure how to get it. But it's very important that I do. I will try to dig through the Blackberry to see if I can find some settings, but it may be because of Blackberry service.

Is there no setting inOutlook to Send/Receive immediately instead of 5min?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Yea, I'm not sure how to get it. But it's very important that I do. I will try to dig through the Blackberry to see if I can find some settings, but it may be because of Blackberry service.

There is no settings on the BB that you will find that will let you do that. Push email is provided through R.I.M.'s Blackberry Internet Service. Unless AOL offers that like Google then you will not be able to.

In outlook
tools>options>mail setup>send receive you can configure it for as little as every 1 minute to send/rcv (Outlook 2003 that is)

Last edited by c0011j; 03-25-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:

It's definitely because of Blackberry's service. They use different settings than ActiveSync/Exchange do. Unless you have an exchange server (which AOL would have to provide, and I'm thinking they don't), the only way you can set up AOL on your phone would be methods such as POP3 and IMAP, neither of which has a "push" function. The e-mail is pulled using this method, whereas with Exchange, the server pushes the information to the device instantly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0011j
Quote:

There is no settings on the BB that you will find that will let you do that. Push email is provided through R.I.M.'s Blackberry Internet Service. Unless AOL offers that like Google then you will not be able to.

In outlook
tools>options>mail setup>send receive you can configure it for as little as every 1 minute to send/rcv (Outlook 2003 that is)
I was referring to pocket Outlook. Can I make it Send/Receive sooner?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

AOL??

People still use that??

~John
Old 03-25-2010, 09:54 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10
AOL??

People still use that??

~John
Lol, that's what I say when I hear "AOL". Unfortunately, people do use it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2