PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

sbnaa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PLEASE HELP!!! TOUCH PRO 2 Stuck after flashing new rom

I unlocked my TP2 fine and flashed a new rom onto it. But once the flashing was complete and the phone reset itself it became stuck at the initial black screen with just the white words "TOUCH pro 2" in the middle of the screen. I have tried soft resetting it, takin the battery out, goin to the bootlegger and flashing it with 2 other custom roms but it always gets stuck at that same black screen...Can somebody please help me??
Old 03-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dtheman2222 is a n00b
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! TOUCH PRO 2 Stuck after flashing new rom

I literally bricked my phone two hours after I got with the same exact problem. In retrospect, I think I must have flashed a GSM rom instead of a CDMA and it got stuck on that same "HTC TouchPro 2" screen. I tried to hard reset, install other ROMS and everything else to no avail. Unfortunately, I really don't have any insight as to how to fix this but am anxious to hear from someone who may have some ideas. I was just about to try and flash MightyRom War (first attempt after brick), but then I read this post and now I'm spooked.

Last edited by dtheman2222; 03-07-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:59 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I also wondered if you flashed a GSM ROM instead of CDMA?

Are you sure your phone was unlocked before you flashed?
Old 03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

1st make sure you are indeed unlocked!!!

then make sure you got a cdma only rom.

this happened once with me but i think it was the rom itself...

make sure you downloaded the full rom, sometimes you wont get the whole file for whatever reason...

run the update utility or custom RUU and let it do its thing...

you shouldnt get stuck in the same screen, it may take a little bit so be a little patient....

but 1st check to make sure you are unlocked.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:02 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Sweeeet ROM!!! Where's the link??

Yes, I'm being an ass! Just kidding with ya man.
But this sub forum is for rom releases.
There is a general forum where this should be posted.
These guys will square you away though!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 03-07-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:05 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Its not a brick if it starts back up, if you can get into bootloader, or it turns on period.

When you unlocked did you have the stock ROM on if so then after unlocking it should have went back into the stock ROM ... what rom do you try to install?
Old 03-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

dtheman2222 is a n00b

When mine bricked (or stuck if you prefer) the other day, I am sure I was unlocked because I went to the tri-color screen and read the 1.00.Olinex. I am not sure what rom I flashed after that, but it made it stick on the HTC Touchpro 2 screen indefinitely. I still have the phone here (along with new one), but there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to fix it because there's no activesync connection to flash a new rom. I have left it on for an hour to see if it would cycle and no luck there either. I am fairly confident the reason was I flashed a gsm rom, but maybe there's something new in the verizon phones that is causing this? Any more insight would be appreciated.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

1. flash back to stock
2. verify that you are HardSPL unlock
3. Look in the CDMA threads for a ROM (Mr.X, Vinn's, Calk's ROM( you have not the experience for the kitchen yet)
4. You should be fine
5. read,read, read, read, and if you don't understand read some more
Old 03-07-2010, 06:22 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtheman2222 View Post
When mine bricked (or stuck if you prefer) the other day, I am sure I was unlocked because I went to the tri-color screen and read the 1.00.Olinex. I am not sure what rom I flashed after that, but it made it stick on the HTC Touchpro 2 screen indefinitely. I still have the phone here (along with new one), but there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to fix it because there's no activesync connection to flash a new rom. I have left it on for an hour to see if it would cycle and no luck there either. I am fairly confident the reason was I flashed a gsm rom, but maybe there's something new in the verizon phones that is causing this? Any more insight would be appreciated.
ok you don't need active sync to flash a ROM get the ROM of you choice and rename it RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root directory of your storage card put the card in your phone then power on while holding the volume down key it should go to the bootloader then a gray screen that will ask about updating the image
Old 03-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

sbnaa is a n00b

yea it went back to the stock rom after I unlocked it and I tried to install the Evo V5 rom...then it started getting stuck at the TOUCH pro2 screen and yes I can get to the bootlegger still but thats it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2