PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   PLEASE HELP!!! TOUCH PRO 2 Stuck after flashing new rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113322)

sbnaa 03-07-2010 05:54 PM

PLEASE HELP!!! TOUCH PRO 2 Stuck after flashing new rom

I unlocked my TP2 fine and flashed a new rom onto it. But once the flashing was complete and the phone reset itself it became stuck at the initial black screen with just the white words "TOUCH pro 2" in the middle of the screen. I have tried soft resetting it, takin the battery out, goin to the bootlegger and flashing it with 2 other custom roms but it always gets stuck at that same black screen...Can somebody please help me??

dtheman2222 03-07-2010 05:57 PM

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! TOUCH PRO 2 Stuck after flashing new rom

I literally bricked my phone two hours after I got with the same exact problem. In retrospect, I think I must have flashed a GSM rom instead of a CDMA and it got stuck on that same "HTC TouchPro 2" screen. I tried to hard reset, install other ROMS and everything else to no avail. Unfortunately, I really don't have any insight as to how to fix this but am anxious to hear from someone who may have some ideas. I was just about to try and flash MightyRom War (first attempt after brick), but then I read this post and now I'm spooked.

Biggzz 03-07-2010 05:59 PM

I also wondered if you flashed a GSM ROM instead of CDMA?

Are you sure your phone was unlocked before you flashed?

Mayonesa 03-07-2010 06:01 PM

1st make sure you are indeed unlocked!!!

then make sure you got a cdma only rom.

this happened once with me but i think it was the rom itself...

make sure you downloaded the full rom, sometimes you wont get the whole file for whatever reason...

run the update utility or custom RUU and let it do its thing...

you shouldnt get stuck in the same screen, it may take a little bit so be a little patient....

but 1st check to make sure you are unlocked.

santod 03-07-2010 06:02 PM

Sweeeet ROM!!! Where's the link?? :drunken:

Yes, I'm being an ass! Just kidding with ya man.
But this sub forum is for rom releases.
There is a general forum where this should be posted.
These guys will square you away though!

jakdillard 03-07-2010 06:05 PM

Its not a brick if it starts back up, if you can get into bootloader, or it turns on period.

When you unlocked did you have the stock ROM on if so then after unlocking it should have went back into the stock ROM ... what rom do you try to install?

dtheman2222 03-07-2010 06:11 PM

When mine bricked (or stuck if you prefer) the other day, I am sure I was unlocked because I went to the tri-color screen and read the 1.00.Olinex. I am not sure what rom I flashed after that, but it made it stick on the HTC Touchpro 2 screen indefinitely. I still have the phone here (along with new one), but there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to fix it because there's no activesync connection to flash a new rom. I have left it on for an hour to see if it would cycle and no luck there either. I am fairly confident the reason was I flashed a gsm rom, but maybe there's something new in the verizon phones that is causing this? Any more insight would be appreciated.

Nygel 03-07-2010 06:20 PM

1. flash back to stock
2. verify that you are HardSPL unlock
3. Look in the CDMA threads for a ROM (Mr.X, Vinn's, Calk's ROM( you have not the experience for the kitchen yet)
4. You should be fine
5. read,read, read, read, and if you don't understand read some more

jakdillard 03-07-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtheman2222 (Post 1613485)
When mine bricked (or stuck if you prefer) the other day, I am sure I was unlocked because I went to the tri-color screen and read the 1.00.Olinex. I am not sure what rom I flashed after that, but it made it stick on the HTC Touchpro 2 screen indefinitely. I still have the phone here (along with new one), but there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to fix it because there's no activesync connection to flash a new rom. I have left it on for an hour to see if it would cycle and no luck there either. I am fairly confident the reason was I flashed a gsm rom, but maybe there's something new in the verizon phones that is causing this? Any more insight would be appreciated.

ok you don't need active sync to flash a ROM get the ROM of you choice and rename it RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root directory of your storage card put the card in your phone then power on while holding the volume down key it should go to the bootloader then a gray screen that will ask about updating the image

sbnaa 03-07-2010 06:25 PM

yea it went back to the stock rom after I unlocked it and I tried to install the Evo V5 rom...then it started getting stuck at the TOUCH pro2 screen and yes I can get to the bootlegger still but thats it

dtheman2222 03-07-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1613511)
ok you don't need active sync to flash a ROM get the ROM of you choice and rename it RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root directory of your storage card put the card in your phone then power on while holding the volume down key it should go to the bootloader then a gray screen that will ask about updating the image

Excellent. I did not know you could boot that way. I will try it now and let you know if it works.

rstoyguy 03-07-2010 06:30 PM

Flash the full stock rom, what I do the time or two that I've been stuck...

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

Nygel 03-07-2010 06:35 PM

what is EVO V5? Who makes that one

jakdillard 03-07-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbnaa (Post 1613517)
yea it went back to the stock rom after I unlocked it and I tried to install the Evo V5 rom...then it started getting stuck at the TOUCH pro2 screen and yes I can get to the bootlegger still but thats it

Where is the "Evo V5" ROM from

dtheman2222 03-07-2010 07:02 PM

!!!! Well done Jackdillard!! I couldn't get it to work with War Mightrom, but then I tried "NagROM V3.07 TP2" and changed ruu_signed.nbh to RHODIMG.nbh like you said, put that and all the other unzipped files in the root directory of my card, put card in frozen phone and booted with down key held and it worked! Is this a generally safe way to flash? Now I will load stock roms onto the formerly frozen phone since I have to send it back to VZ and then load some cooked stuff onto my new tp2. Excellent work!

Mayonesa 03-07-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtheman2222 (Post 1613571)
!!!! Well done Jackdillard!! I couldn't get it to work with War Mightrom, but then I tried "NagROM V3.07 TP2" and changed ruu_signed.nbh to RHODIMG.nbh like you said, put that and all the other unzipped files in the root directory of my card, put card in frozen phone and booted with down key held and it worked! Is this a generally safe way to flash? Now I will load stock roms onto the formerly frozen phone since I have to send it back to VZ and then load some cooked stuff onto my new tp2. Excellent work!

you only need RHODIMG.nbh. you dont need the rest...

i keep a rom in my card like this in case i flash a rom that is not working well and i cant get to a computer.

mysie75 09-12-2010 12:51 AM

i don"t know what i did but i downloaded dotNetfx35 and rphael something or another and as the phone was synced to pc and started doing its thing my screen went black. triied soft and hard reset to no avail. plz help me...

horndoctor 09-12-2010 01:01 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysie75
i don"t know what i did but i downloaded dotNetfx35 and rphael something or another and as the phone was synced to pc and started doing its thing my screen went black. triied soft and hard reset to no avail. plz help me...

Raphael is for the original TouchPro. Big NO NO!
Bad!
Put it in bootloader and flash the shipped rom for your carrier then after you see it boot ok then put it in bootloader again and flash ONLY roms made for Rhodium! :spin: