PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Rb240 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question just got sprint tp2 please Help

the guy at sprint told me about this site but store was packed so he did not say alot how do i get the apps i am looking for? how do i get them on my phone? saw a few do i have to use only apps for sprint please help thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: just got sprint tp2 please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb240 View Post
the guy at sprint told me about this site but store was packed so he did not say alot how do i get the apps i am looking for? how do i get them on my phone? saw a few do i have to use only apps for sprint please help thanks
apps come in the form of CAB files. you just download them to your computer, connect your phone to your computer via usb cable, drop the cab somewhere on your device/storage card, then install to either device or storage using the built in file explorer (look in start menu or programs). it'll install and then show up in your start menu.

You can also download marketplace for windows phone, which has some free apps: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...rketplace.mspx
Another marketplace is opnmarket which is all freeware: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/opnmarket/

And no it's not carrier specific most of the time... the bigger thing to pay attention to is whether it's for WinMo 6 or 6.5 and also resolution (your phone is WVGA)

Windows mobile takes a lot of trial and error to figure out what works and what does not... enjoy your new tp2 and welcome to this great site. Although i linked you to marketplaces, you will want to learn how to tweak and customize your phone from this site! Don't forget to thank people who help you by pressing the thanks button (future reference)

Last edited by lipidfats; 03-07-2010 at 02:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

or if youre more like me and have to be playing around on your phone ALOT.. download the .cab to your phone save to storage card and install from there... no computer required.

start your collection here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111190

Last edited by lazydazed; 03-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:52 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

welcome home!..lol. this one is regarding use of this forum. if your have questions abt fixes or how to on your phone in general, use the search function first. because most likely, it was already asked and answered before. thats not to say you cant post your questions ever. but searching for a possible answer first may save you the wait time of getting a posted response/fix.

and make sure to visit the clean up thread.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 03-07-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Threadstarter

Rb240 is a n00b

any good free gps cad
Old 03-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
welcome home!..lol. this one is regarding use of this forum. if your have questions abt fixes or how to on your phone in general, use the search function first. because most likely, it was already asked and answered before. thats not to say you cant post your questions ever. but searching for a possible answer first may save you the wait time of getting a posted response/fix.

and make sure to visit the clean up thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb240 View Post
any good free gps cad
lol... did you search? google maps.. for free or use the sprint nav if you have the everything data plan.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

just flash darn thing lol
I dont recommend my roms.Flash Mighty ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2