PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Eligible For Another Upgrade Already? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113304)

puff601 03-07-2010 01:34 PM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

This is very wierd but im def not complaining, just curious... well, my ex gf was nice enough to get me a SERO plan back in May 09 when she started working at sprint... I had a tp1 and wasnt under contract or anything. so somehow, i became eligible for a $150\2 year upgrade around October... I used this upgrade on 1\7\2010, signed a contract and got a TP2. I looked at my account online and called customer service yesterday and im eligibe for another $150\2 year upgrade already... how am i eligible for another upgrade already after upgrading exactly 2 months ago? like i said, im not complaining, just curious.

mulhiny 03-07-2010 02:27 PM

Re: Eligible For Another Upgrade Already?

I had something similar happen. I was up for an upgrade last July. In October I renewed my contract and got a new phone..Well my upgrade got used up, but my contract didn't. In other words, they never renewed my contract, just used my upgrade. So I am still out of contract, but not eligible to upgrade till next year, lol..I guess they just goof up every now and again.

puff601 03-07-2010 03:38 PM

Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

well they can keep goofing up as long as its in my favor lol. hhmmm... i think im saving this upgrade for my next ppc.

savir90 03-07-2010 03:47 PM

you're probably a premier customer....i think after youre with sprint for about 2 years they make the upgrade eligibility a year thing..not the whole two year..when it first hapened to me i didnt even wana mention it to them thinkin it was maybe a mistake that i took full advantage of lol, but naw i just became a premier customer and they made my upgrades on a yearly basis

if u log into your account it should say premier customer somewhere there and you get discounts of devices, bluetooth, early upgrades ..ect...

ive been with sprint for aout 5 years and they're the only company that has always looked out for me

puff601 03-07-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savir90 (Post 1613207)
you're probably a premier customer....i think after youre with sprint for about 2 years they make the upgrade eligibility a year thing..not the whole two year..when it first hapened to me i didnt even wana mention it to them thinkin it was maybe a mistake that i took full advantage of lol, but naw i just became a premier customer and they made my upgrades on a yearly basis

a rep has mentioned something about a premier customer even though ive only been with sprint since may 2009. i was eligible for my 1st upgrade oct 2009 and my 2nd upgrade march 2010. seems like im eligible for a 2 year upgrade every 5 months or something. hhmmm... i guess u cant beat dat! :)

EDIT: i dont remember seeing anything about being a premier customer online so i dunno...

WarChild 03-07-2010 04:47 PM

savir90 is correct. Its not a goof.

CW

mulhiny 03-07-2010 05:05 PM

As a premier customer you are allowed to upgrade once a year as opposed to once every 2 years..BUT you still have to renew your contract. In other works, once a year you can get a new phone and renew for another 2 years. That is what should happen. In my case they gave me the new phone after 1 year and even though I signed a contract, it never renewed in the the system.

puff601 03-07-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 1613368)
As a premier customer you are allowed to upgrade once a year as opposed to once every 2 years..BUT you still have to renew your contract. In other works, once a year you can get a new phone and renew for another 2 years. That is what should happen. In my case they gave me the new phone after 1 year and even though I signed a contract, it never renewed in the the system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 1613368)

i understand about the benefits of being a premier customer but that doesnt explain how ive gotten 2 upgrades in under 6 months and ive only been a customer 10 months.

mulhiny 03-07-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1613409)
i understand about the benefits of being a premier customer but that doesnt explain how ive gotten 2 upgrades in under 6 months and ive only been a customer 10 months.

Right, I was just talking about my experience...Not sure how you would even be a premier customer. You don't meet the requirements (10yr customer or plan rate of more than 69.99)..I think they simply screwed up. I would prob get the upgrade before they figure it out, lol.

puff601 03-07-2010 08:49 PM

lol hmm... i wonder if i could talk them into giving me a tp2 at the same price i paid for my current one ($99 after rebate)? Im not really worried about them taking my 2nd upgrade. they didnt try to take the 1st one, jus curious how i had a upgrade so early. i just told them i dont know but im ready to use it lol.