PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Enable Sent SMS Notification?

Im Running Mighty Rom Sense 2.1 and im trying to have my sms sent notification turned on is there a cab or something i can install to enable it? i just want the pop up to come up after i send a text message that way i know if my texts are actually sent or not. I'd like to have the sound with the sent text notification too but if not no big deal
Old 12-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Enable Sent SMS Notification?

Look for a program called Advanced Config...in this program you should be able to enable SMS sent Notification...the ROM creator probably didn't want this enabled so they disabled it....most people don't like the notification.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

i dont think that it comfirms that the message was delivered just comfirms that is was sent out .. totally unreliable and a waist of time to click the extra button .. you should turn on delivery notification if that is what your looking for
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

demolasko - Maybe for you it's a waste of time...and most people think it is...but for some it is a notification to us that the message has been sent from the device to the network....and from there it's up to the carrier to get it to the recipent. Demo you say not to use it but then you say to use it...what are you trying to say? I believe only email allows for a notification that the recipent recieved the message, not SMS.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

It is a waste of time. B/c if the msg did not go through you get a notification in windows mobile that the msg was not sent. Click to retry again? Different strokes for different folks though.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settin gs]
"SMSNoSentMsg"=dword:00000001

You want to change the value from 1 to 0. Ask and you shall receive. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You know that even when the sent notification is disabled, if the SMS fails to send it then notifies you that there was an error sending, right?

My SMS sent notification is disabled (it really is a waste of time) but I get notifications when it has a problem sending a message.

I get a pop up, and a notification up at the top of the screen. And if I check the actual message, it will have a read message that says it failed to send, try again. And if I tap it, it will try to send it again.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Lurker

dj_kandre is a n00b

I actually like the feature only because i had it before on the Mogul and the TP so i guess i'm just used to it. mine notification pop up works fine but i'd love to have a sound noticiation for it is well. is this possible and if so how?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
You know that even when the sent notification is disabled, if the SMS fails to send it then notifies you that there was an error sending, right?

My SMS sent notification is disabled (it really is a waste of time) but I get notifications when it has a problem sending a message.

I get a pop up, and a notification up at the top of the screen. And if I check the actual message, it will have a read message that says it failed to send, try again. And if I tap it, it will try to send it again.
Assuming SMS isn't broken, but not that, that ever happens.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
It is a waste of time. B/c if the msg did not go through you get a notification in windows mobile that the msg was not sent. Click to retry again? Different strokes for different folks though.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settin gs]
"SMSNoSentMsg"=dword:00000001

You want to change the value from 1 to 0. Ask and you shall receive. Different strokes for different folks.
This didn't work on Calkulin ROM.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:08 PM
N00b

kcrlshell is a n00b

I like the sent notification because half the time I'm using TF3d sms and the other half the native WM sms...the send buttons are in different spots...I can't tell you how many times I've hit the "back" button in TF3d and thought I'd hit the "send" button. Then I wonder why my recipient never answered my text.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2