PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Where can I get manila 2.5? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113287)

a1d2catz 03-07-2010 07:21 AM

Re: Where can I get manila 2.5?

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the instructions. Also the file attached is the new unlocker. Good Luck!

1) download newest RhodiumW Hard-SPL package and extract this to an empty folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!! the device needs to be connected to Activesync or WMDC via USB cable. and it must not be in Flight/Airplane mode (i.e. the phone part should be on).
3) internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and for the license.
4) run Rhodium-HardSPL.exe on your PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). running it on XP requires Admin logon, and Vista/Windows 7 will automatically prompt to allow it to run in Admin mode, so allow it please.
important: if you get an antivirus warning, please ignore it, it contains no harmful code (just used a packer to compress it). if you encounter DEP errors, then add it to the exception list in DEP settings.
5) follow steps as prompted in the Hard-SPL program. if this is the first run of Hard-SPL on a device after hard reset, you must select Automatic flash mode (the first button in Welcome screen).
notes: you should usually go for Automatic flash mode; the Manual flash option is only to be used as noted below - any other errors triggered while running in Autoflash mode will have to be fixed as instructed in the error message.
6) it will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing, press OK.
7) now it should go through without any error messages, if one does pop up, then please follow the instructions included in the error text. if no specific instruction is shown, then ask for help in the forums, but this should not ever occur (as this means a really fatal error occurred).
:cool: at this point the device did hopefully went to a black screen. this is the SSPL version, which is temporary. then RUU (Rom Update Utility) will instantly launch.
9) some notes: when RUU says it will perform a hard reset and cause data loss, do not worry, it is not going to do this. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
10) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
11) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.00.OliNex, which is the current Hard-SPL version.

walterpan 03-07-2010 07:46 AM

are you still there :)

walterpan 03-07-2010 07:47 AM

thank you soooooooooooooooo much buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a1d2catz 03-07-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterpan (Post 1612586)
thank you soooooooooooooooo much buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem. Just hit the thanks button. Enjoy.

walterpan 03-07-2010 07:49 AM

strange, when I try download the attachment, it says trojan horse generic 16.BUXZ

walterpan 03-07-2010 07:51 AM

ok after reading your post I ma ignore it:) scared me...~~~

a1d2catz 03-07-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterpan (Post 1612591)
ok after reading your post I ma ignore it:) scared me...~~~

Just disable your antivirus during this process so it doesn't delete any files

walterpan 03-07-2010 08:05 AM

I got through the security unlocking, but when I try kaiser and CustomRUU(downloaded from pccpedia, manila2.5) it says invalid model ID...

a1d2catz 03-07-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterpan (Post 1612595)
I got through the security unlocking, but when I try kaiser and CustomRUU(downloaded from pccpedia, manila2.5) it says invalid model ID...

You have a TP2 don't you? Kaiser is another phone model. What are you looking for in a ROM?

walterpan 03-07-2010 08:09 AM

=.=~~

hehe I am looking for some cool interface, FM radio if possible, but the most I want is manila2.5~~~