PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 03:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth OBDII and Touch Pro 2

Has anyone tried this Bluetooth OBDII reader with the Touch Pro 2 (or any other windows mobile device for that matter) or anything similar? If so can anyone recommend good software to use with it? I need software that can scan engine codes (and AWD codes if possible).
Old 03-07-2010, 07:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

samaritrey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth OBDII and Touch Pro 2

+1 hope someone knows

OH Yeah!!
ATT ~2005-2007 V220, V3
Sprint 2007-NOW Vogue had issues upgrade me to TP in 2009, TP had issues upgrade me to TP2 in 2010 all for free lol
Old 03-07-2010, 07:45 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I have one. Not exactly that one but its 99% the same.

It works, but thats about all that can be said about it. For datalogging, its slooooow. 5 PIDs/sec at max. It works to read and clear DTCs no problem though. It will come with a burned mini cd and some software which won't work on your PC.

I use OBDGauge with it for the TP2 and it works great, but I had issues pairing. FYI, the pairing code is 1234, NOT 0000 like is most common. Again though it refreshes very slowly. I am on my phone so I can add more a bit later tonight.

It's cheap, and it performs as such. Depending on what you may need it for, that may work just fine. It should be able to read AWD codes.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Oh and OBDGauge should be able to read the codes, and its free. Its a great app, if even a bit out of date. Still, its the only one of its kind. If you use it, please shoot the developer a donation to show you appreciated his work... not much competiton (or demand) for software in this category... :/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2