PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Seefizzle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re-installing default software.

A little background... I am new to smartphones, and specifically flashing smart phones. I have always had the most bullshit phones. However, I am very technically competent, and good with computers.

I bought a touch pro 2. I was a bit pissed off that it didn't come pre-installed with windows 6.5, so I did a little research and it lead me here. I found out how to flash my rom, and I installed a version of MightyRom. Everything worked fine. I am pleased with it.

In the process however, I lost some of the custom Sprint apps that were on there by default. Specifically a GPS program, NFL Live, an instant messenger program, Sprint TV, and Sprint Music. I didn't know that I was going to lose all of this stuff. I might not have done it otherwise.

But I know damn well that there's probably a way I can get that stuff back. If you know this way, I would appreciate the help.

Also, since I am new to this game, I would also appreciate any tips, tricks, or free software for my phone that you might deem helpful. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Go to the MightyRom thread and scroll down a few posts.....

You'll find all the cabs you need for Sprint.

Also, try the Search function.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor
Re: Re-installing default software.

You can check out the cabs provided by Freeza. However, it is intended for his 6.1 rom only, so not all of them will work with other roms, but they are a good resource. MightyRom already have most of these however, the one that it doesn't is "OZ IM" which is the preloaded instant messenger.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103045
Click on the download link and check the OEMCAB folder.

Last edited by eksasol; 03-07-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:30 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

here are the sprint cabs.
you can open this file using the 7zip program listed on page 18 of the favorite cabs thread. then copy the ones you need to your storage card.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Sprint cabs.rar (7.55 MB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Old 03-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seefizzle View Post
A little background... I am new to smartphones, and specifically flashing smart phones. I have always had the most bullshit phones. However, I am very technically competent, and good with computers.

I bought a touch pro 2. I was a bit pissed off that it didn't come pre-installed with windows 6.5, so I did a little research and it lead me here. I found out how to flash my rom, and I installed a version of MightyRom. Everything worked fine. I am pleased with it.

In the process however, I lost some of the custom Sprint apps that were on there by default. Specifically a GPS program, NFL Live, an instant messenger program, Sprint TV, and Sprint Music. I didn't know that I was going to lose all of this stuff. I might not have done it otherwise.

But I know damn well that there's probably a way I can get that stuff back. If you know this way, I would appreciate the help.

Also, since I am new to this game, I would also appreciate any tips, tricks, or free software for my phone that you might deem helpful. Any help is much appreciated.
to get NFL text NFL to 7777 other cabs attached individually
Old 03-07-2010, 03:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Seefizzle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDriver77 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Go to the MightyRom thread and scroll down a few posts.....

You'll find all the cabs you need for Sprint.

Also, try the Search function.

Hope this helps.
Yea, forgive me. I am new to this forum, and to tweaking my phone's OS. I am not sure I understand all of the terminology used here. That's why it is hard for me to know what to search for in the first place. I did look around quite a bit before posting though.

It looks like in the Mighty Rom thread there is a ton of the stuff I am looking for though. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Seefizzle is a n00b

And thanks guys for the quick responses. Like I said, this is the first smart phone I've ever bought. I've always had the dumbest phones ever. Never needed a smart phone before. All I ever wanted a phone to do was make calls. That's it. Then I started getting too many damned text messages, so I wanted to get something with a full qwerty keyboard. I got this phone.

Now, I think I will forever be tweaking the shit out of my phone just like I have with my desktop computer. I'm glad that I found this site though. It will make learning about this stuff really easy.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

you might also just try stock rom with the cleanup (tweaks) cab in the stickies section. that worked very well for me on sprint, but I decided I liked 6.5.3 better, so I went the custom route.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2