PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Reno
Using Myxer ringtones as SMS ringtones?

Well on my touch pro whenever I downloaded a ringtone from myxer it would automatically show up in the Sounds&Notifcation menu for new text message, but on my touch pro 2 ive tried converting them to wav and even using .qcp and they wont show up =(
Old 03-06-2010, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work
Re: Using Myxer ringtones as SMS ringtones?

Try checking to make sure the .wavs are in your /My Documents/My Ringtones/ Folder. I've always had best results just putting them in there. Or directly in Windows/Ringtones folder. Make sure they're not too big and not too long, generally under 1mb or about 30 seconds is best.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have a MP3 set as my sms tone on my sprint tp2. all you have to do is put the ringtone in Storage Card\My Documents. then you can select that mp3 in the sounds and notification settings.

If this helps, dont forget to hit thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Reno

ya neither of those work :/
Old 03-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thats wierd that its not working for you... i have mp3 tones set as sms tones on my tp2 and my friend's tmobile tp2. are you sure you put the tone in storage card\my documents? if you put it in storage card\my documents\my ringtones or any other folder in my documents, it will not work. I know this works cause i have set custom mp3 tones as sms tones using this method on my mogul, tp1, and now tp2...
Old 03-06-2010, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

ive had the same ringtone since my tp1 and its in the root of my sd card.

Last edited by Rager02; 03-06-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:22 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah I have been trying to figure this out as well. The reason u cant use them is because they are mp3d and that is not the same as mp3. I have yet to find a way to convert them. If anyone is successful at this please chime in. I have just been using the old ringtones from my touch pro which are mp3.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Almost a VIP

o ok, thats explains why it wont work for use. i use mp3 trimmer to make all my mp3 tones
Old 03-07-2010, 12:25 AM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

ive had the same ringtone since my tp1 and its in the root of my sd card.
Thats where I have mine too.
I just went to Myxer and downloaded a ringtone directly to the root on my sd card and set it to be my sms tone. The one I dl'd said it was an mp3.

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Used to have this same problem.

Try putting it in the \Windows folder.

That's what worked for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2