PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

izzyforreal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question ***Microsoft VPN question***

Hey: My boss just replaced my TP with a Touch Pro2, (Sprint) so of course, I immediately unlocked it and started flashing ROM's, and here's the thing; I put about 3 or 4 different ROM's on it, (Energy, Juicy, etc.) and MS vpn didn't work on any of the ROM's I tried. So, I grabbed my kid's TP2 running Mighty Mike and lo and behold, it worked. So I loaded MM up on my TP2 and it worked. Now, nothing against MM, I think his ROM's are grreat, but I was hoping to use something a little more elaborate. Any ideas as to why the VPN client won't work on so many other ROM's?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:26 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: ***Microsoft VPN question***

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
Hey: My boss just replaced my TP with a Touch Pro2, (Sprint) so of course, I immediately unlocked it and started flashing ROM's, and here's the thing; I put about 3 or 4 different ROM's on it, (Energy, Juicy, etc.) and MS vpn didn't work on any of the ROM's I tried. So, I grabbed my kid's TP2 running Mighty Mike and lo and behold, it worked. So I loaded MM up on my TP2 and it worked. Now, nothing against MM, I think his ROM's are grreat, but I was hoping to use something a little more elaborate. Any ideas as to why the VPN client won't work on so many other ROM's?
I can verify that PPTP VPN does not seem to be working on NRG.

I checked by attempting to connect to my office VPN server and my home. Neither time registers a connection and I get a message that says that my password or username may be incorrect.

CORRECTION: I get this log:

Unable to add the interface {88453F9B-1A0C-4015-A971-1DA52AE3B8BB} with the Router Manager for the IPV6 protocol. The following error occurred: Cannot complete this function.

Not sure what this means, but I have IPv6 disabled on the servers. It seems that it is trying to estabish an IPV6 network from the phone??? Just a guess.

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 03-06-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks, man. That's a different error than I was getting, but good to know. The error I was getting was "cannot connect with current settings" or something similar. I have found a couple of other ROM's that are working, including MM's Impact and Rstg's most recent. Funny thing is, I just took a STOCK TP2 out of the box here at work and the VPN DOES NOT work on the stock ROM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:57 PM
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks, man. That's a different error than I was getting, but good to know. The error I was getting was "cannot connect with current settings" or something similar. I have found a couple of other ROM's that are working, including MM's Impact and Rstg's most recent. Funny thing is, I just took a STOCK TP2 out of the box here at work and the VPN DOES NOT work on the stock ROM.
Are you using L2TP or PPTP?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm using PPTP.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:00 AM
VIP Duck

Quote:
I'm using PPTP.
I will let you know if I get it working.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Cool, thanks.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro 2

black88mx6 is becoming a great contributor

I have the same issue. I am running the sprint 6.5 stock rom. Evey once in a while I can get it to connect, but most of the time I get the "cannot connect with current setting". I am thinking that the problem has to do with CM Guardian, but still working on it. I need to this to work 100% of the time.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro 2

black88mx6 is becoming a great contributor

It looks like the HTC 'Google" location service pulls up a network connection and causes the VPN connections to get refused. I have disabled this service and most of my VPN connetions are now going through. Expections still don't seem to work with things like remote desktop though.

Is there any way to prioritize or make exclusive internet connections on win mobile? I have seen similar issues in the past where a service connection already made will block the VPN connection from functioning correctly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
vpn client microsoft