PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   ***Microsoft VPN question*** (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113228)

izzyforreal 03-06-2010 06:25 PM

***Microsoft VPN question***

Hey: My boss just replaced my TP with a Touch Pro2, (Sprint) so of course, I immediately unlocked it and started flashing ROM's, and here's the thing; I put about 3 or 4 different ROM's on it, (Energy, Juicy, etc.) and MS vpn didn't work on any of the ROM's I tried. So, I grabbed my kid's TP2 running Mighty Mike and lo and behold, it worked. So I loaded MM up on my TP2 and it worked. Now, nothing against MM, I think his ROM's are grreat, but I was hoping to use something a little more elaborate. Any ideas as to why the VPN client won't work on so many other ROM's?

NinjaDuck 03-06-2010 09:26 PM

Re: ***Microsoft VPN question***

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzyforreal (Post 1611315)
Hey: My boss just replaced my TP with a Touch Pro2, (Sprint) so of course, I immediately unlocked it and started flashing ROM's, and here's the thing; I put about 3 or 4 different ROM's on it, (Energy, Juicy, etc.) and MS vpn didn't work on any of the ROM's I tried. So, I grabbed my kid's TP2 running Mighty Mike and lo and behold, it worked. So I loaded MM up on my TP2 and it worked. Now, nothing against MM, I think his ROM's are grreat, but I was hoping to use something a little more elaborate. Any ideas as to why the VPN client won't work on so many other ROM's?

I can verify that PPTP VPN does not seem to be working on NRG.

I checked by attempting to connect to my office VPN server and my home. Neither time registers a connection and I get a message that says that my password or username may be incorrect.

CORRECTION: I get this log:

Unable to add the interface {88453F9B-1A0C-4015-A971-1DA52AE3B8BB} with the Router Manager for the IPV6 protocol. The following error occurred: Cannot complete this function.

Not sure what this means, but I have IPv6 disabled on the servers. It seems that it is trying to estabish an IPV6 network from the phone??? Just a guess.

izzyforreal 03-06-2010 09:55 PM

Thanks, man. That's a different error than I was getting, but good to know. The error I was getting was "cannot connect with current settings" or something similar. I have found a couple of other ROM's that are working, including MM's Impact and Rstg's most recent. Funny thing is, I just took a STOCK TP2 out of the box here at work and the VPN DOES NOT work on the stock ROM.

NinjaDuck 03-06-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzyforreal (Post 1611691)
Thanks, man. That's a different error than I was getting, but good to know. The error I was getting was "cannot connect with current settings" or something similar. I have found a couple of other ROM's that are working, including MM's Impact and Rstg's most recent. Funny thing is, I just took a STOCK TP2 out of the box here at work and the VPN DOES NOT work on the stock ROM.

Are you using L2TP or PPTP?

izzyforreal 03-06-2010 11:16 PM

I'm using PPTP.

NinjaDuck 03-07-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzyforreal (Post 1611818)
I'm using PPTP.

I will let you know if I get it working.

izzyforreal 03-07-2010 12:13 AM

Cool, thanks.

black88mx6 03-23-2010 01:00 PM

I have the same issue. I am running the sprint 6.5 stock rom. Evey once in a while I can get it to connect, but most of the time I get the "cannot connect with current setting". I am thinking that the problem has to do with CM Guardian, but still working on it. I need to this to work 100% of the time.

black88mx6 03-24-2010 09:53 AM

It looks like the HTC 'Google" location service pulls up a network connection and causes the VPN connections to get refused. I have disabled this service and most of my VPN connetions are now going through. Expections still don't seem to work with things like remote desktop though.

Is there any way to prioritize or make exclusive internet connections on win mobile? I have seen similar issues in the past where a service connection already made will block the VPN connection from functioning correctly.