PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Mp3s pausing/stopping themselves in music player (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113218)

manekineko 03-06-2010 04:07 PM

Mp3s pausing/stopping themselves in music player

I'm using the HTC music playing tab on my Touch Pro 2. I'm currently running NRG ROM, but prior to that I was running MediumHill ROM and had the same problem. I didn't think to test the music player before flashing a custom ROM.

Whenever I play any song in the music player, after a short period of time (10-15 seconds) it'll pause itself. The first click to unpause is ignored, and then the second will start the song from the beginning again, which will restart this cycle.

Has anyone seen anything like this before or have any ideas on how to figure out what's wrong?

havox22 03-06-2010 05:26 PM

Re: Mp3s pausing/stopping themselves in music player

Quote:

Originally Posted by manekineko (Post 1611045)
I'm using the HTC music playing tab on my Touch Pro 2. I'm currently running NRG ROM, but prior to that I was running MediumHill ROM and had the same problem. I didn't think to test the music player before flashing a custom ROM.

Whenever I play any song in the music player, after a short period of time (10-15 seconds) it'll pause itself. The first click to unpause is ignored, and then the second will start the song from the beginning again, which will restart this cycle.

Has anyone seen anything like this before or have any ideas on how to figure out what's wrong?

yeah this happens when i play a long audio clip like podcast, but it doesnt do it when i play my regular music..im not sure why this happens tho, but if anybody has a fix plz help so i dont have to install core player anymore

manekineko 03-06-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havox22 (Post 1611200)
yeah this happens when i play a long audio clip like podcast, but it doesnt do it when i play my regular music..im not sure why this happens tho, but if anybody has a fix plz help so i dont have to install core player anymore

Happening for me even not on long audio clips, every song is doing it. Makes it unusable as an mp3 player.

deadwrong03 03-06-2010 08:44 PM

i use windows media player and sometimes it even happens on that too if it happens in the media player i just soft reset and most of the time that corrects the problem..but it is a frequent problem and its happened on stock vzw rom and the latest mighty rom sense 2.1

manekineko 03-08-2010 08:40 PM

So I assume mp3 playback works for most people right? Otherwise it seems like everyone would be up in arms over this. Does this seem like it could be a hardware fault that I should my Touch Pro 2 exchanged? I don't know that I can live with a phone that can't play mp3s at all.

Strangely enough though, all other sounds including Internet radio with Resco Radio work fine.

OMGWTF_BBQ 03-27-2010 04:16 AM

This post isn't that incredibly old and seems to be the only searchable thread where this problem is discussed so I figured I'd bump it instead of making a new one.
I too am having this exact same problem. At a random point while playing a song Sense will just pause the track. Right before this happens the albums seem to refresh and then about a half a second later it will just flat out permanently pause. The bar with the song's duration will stop at the point in time that the album refreshed and the pause button will still be present even though the song has stopped playing.
What I have noticed is that there is a circular "loading" Que that appears to the right of a tiny album icon with a download insignia under neither the Windows Mobile 6.5 Start button. If a song is not playing the Que can not be loading but as soon as I do start a song it begin processing.
If the Que is going and a song isn't playing as soon as it finishes the albums refresh like it does when it pauses my song. So there is a clear link between this Que and the song pausing. Further research I just conducted while posting this message has lead me to believe that it has to do with collecting an Album Art update from Sense. I just selected to update the art for the current track and after it did receive the jpeg it refreshed and was able to play the track without a problem. So far it finished the one song and is on the next without a hitch. (Then another)

Even though I might of solved my problem, if only for the moment, I am still going to post this to share with others my research and possibly help those whom are also experiencing this problem.

Other information:
I just recently updated from a stock WM 6.1 Sprint to the official Sprint 6.5.
No cabs have been applied that are audio related.
After first updating to 6.5 and Sense I selected the option to collect Album art for all of my tracks. I do have about a gig of music on a Class 4 4GB MicroSD card.
I am not sure if this problem was present before I updated the art as I didn't check.
I also had problems running Android off this SD card and it wasn't until I limited the access to the processor and underclocked it that I was about to load 2.1 (Unrelated probably, but throwing it out there.)

Again, I hope this is helpful to someone.
Peace

johnpro112 03-27-2010 07:19 AM

This also is an issue i occurred with and also whenever listening to music via headset the music stops and makes a phone call or makes voice command pop up.

Ikonic 03-27-2010 07:59 AM

i used to have this problem on my phone. im not sure if it still happens since i went back to just using my mp3 player. but i believe it was my pocket shield that would do that. are you guys using any locking programs for your phone. since that maybe causing the problem. since you guys are all using different roms. that's the only thing i could think of. hope that helps some

OMGWTF_BBQ 03-27-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnpro112 (Post 1663423)
This also is an issue i occurred with and also whenever listening to music via headset the music stops and makes a phone call or makes voice command pop up.

You mean a message or call would pause your music? That's intended.
Or that for some reason the music was making a phone call after pausing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikonic (Post 1663438)
i used to have this problem on my phone. im not sure if it still happens since i went back to just using my mp3 player. but i believe it was my pocket shield that would do that. are you guys using any locking programs for your phone. since that maybe causing the problem. since you guys are all using different roms. that's the only thing i could think of. hope that helps some

I understand what you're saying but in my situation I've currently 90% linked it between the Album art and the song pausing. I do have a screen protector but I'm only experiencing this problem with the music tab and no others. So it's not touch sensitivity related.

manekineko 03-27-2010 04:43 PM

My problem was definitely caused by software, and not by anything like a pocketshield, since it would happen so quickly. I could just start playing a song, be holding it in my hand, and then it would pause after like 15 seconds.

The album art discovery is really interesting, I'll definitely have to look into that.

My own discovery was that the problem is tied somehow to individual songs. I found a single folder of mp3s that if I removed, all the mp3s would play fine, but when present, all of my mp3s would pause after 15-30 seconds.