PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 with MightyROM
Carrier: Verizon

Explodee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Data Connection stopped - Please Help

Thanks in advance for any help... OK here's my problem, I recently got a TP2 from Verizon and have had many problems with it so far. Especially with WMwifirouter. The main thing is that after I installed WMwifirouter and the ICS program from Microsoft it works like it should for a little while, then the data connection just craps out for no reason. Usually the 2 arrows showing that data is being transferred are white, but they are gray after a while and I cannot connect to anything. Not Opera, weather, IE, ANYTHING that uses the data connection. I went to the Verizon store for some reason thinking they could help me but of course they had no idea what was wrong. I dialed *228 and did the whole reprogramming thing and it didn't fix it. The only way to get it working again is to hard-reset. Which I have done 4 times now. On this last one I have not installed WMwifi or the ICS cabs i have and my data connection is still OK. So my questions are:

1 - Has anyone else encountered this problem? And how do you fix it?
2 - Is there a better program similar to WMwifirouter?
3 - Did Verizon somehow sabotage the phone so you are forced to use their VZAccess thing?

Please no posts saying "use the search" or whatever because I did already and got nothing.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Verizon Data Connection stopped - Please Help

are you running the stock rom or custom rom?

and why did you leave the VZW store without them fixing it?

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Verizon Reps are clueless when it come to anything other than the facts that are infront of them. They will also not support 3rd party applications that is not already on the phone...So he would be out of luck there. If you want to teather your data connection, Verizon network that is there is a registry edit that you can do to make it work...I don't see why you would need ICS at all. Please provide some more info on what exactly your trying to do.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Explodee is a n00b

Sorry I forgot to say I'm using the stock Verizon rom. I left because they had no idea what the problem was and told me to send the phone back and get another one. All I want to do is use WMwifirouter without any problems like I was able to on my old Samsung SCH-i760... man that phone could do anything.

Last edited by Explodee; 01-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have a Verizon TP2 & I use WMwifirouter every day with no problem whatever.

I am running the NRG Dusk ROM now, but I used the same setup with the stock ROM also with no problem.

I realize this info doesn't help your problem, but something you are installing or a tweak you did must be causing the problem.

~John
Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Explodee is a n00b

What WMwifirouter are you using? I have the last free version which I think is .91 or something. Also how did you install it? Just the WMwifirouter cab and go? Or did you need to install another program with it or mess with ICS settings in the registry or something?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodee View Post
What WMwifirouter are you using? I have the last free version which I think is .91 or something. Also how did you install it? Just the WMwifirouter cab and go? Or did you need to install another program with it or mess with ICS settings in the registry or something?
I have version 1.52.

The earlier versions do not work in the TP2 (at least they didn't for me)

I just install the cab & it works perfectly.

~John
Old 01-12-2010, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work

I'm running 1.52 as well, without issue. Absolutely make sure you use the latest version. I seem to remember that there were some issues with older ones.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Lurker

jslegge is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) VZW:SCH-i760 PPC 240x320)

I have encountered something similar to this issue I have been able to point to a wifi issue on my samsung sch-i760: when I connect to wi-fi my phone deletes the password to connect to the g3 and I have to red button reset almost 20 times to get it to connect. error message states that my user name or password is incorrect.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:15 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have a Verizon TP2 & I use WMwifirouter every day with no problem whatever.

I am running the NRG Dusk ROM now, but I used the same setup with the stock ROM also with no problem.

I realize this info doesn't help your problem, but something you are installing or a tweak you did must be causing the problem.

~John
to john and the OP

how long do you guys use wifirouter for?
mine will die eventually and i have to soft reset my phone in order to turn off wifirouter because its grayed out. is this what you are talking about?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2