PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon
Re: Mp3s pausing/stopping themselves in music player

Add me to the list of users with problems. I believe it's a issue with Sense 2.5's music player. I have a Class 2 16GB MicroSD and it's pretty heavily loaded with music. It's never given me a problem until I flashed the WM 6.5 and Sense 2.5.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work
Exclamation FIXED!!! Problem, Cause, Solution.

AH HA!
Alright guys, I've figured the problem out. Well, my problem at least.
It's a correlation between HTC Addict's CleanRAM and Album Art updating.
I'm going to put together a video real quick that will explain and confirm the cause with a solution to the issue. The sucky part about this discovery is that it's not HTC nor Sprint's fault, so there will be no official fix. I personally can only hope someone with the know how will be able to find a more permanent solution than my little 2 step fix.

Extra/Important Info:
I'm guessing this has to do with a Manila.exe reset and not CleanRAM. As when I do a Level 1 Purge there is no effect to Sense MP3 playback, but if I do a Level 3 (Which restarts Manila.exe) the bug reappears.

So now that I've explained that, here is how to stop your MP3's from pausing.
1. Start playing a song, ANY song, just make sure it's playing.
2. Select Menu, Update Album Art, then Update Current Song.
You MUST do this while the song is playing in order for it to work.

Let me know if this fixes your problem. I'll be back with a more detailed video explanation.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work
Arrow Video Added

Alright, I compiled a video here with a visual explanation of what is going wrong and how to fix it.

Corny intro music, trademarks and all:
HTC Touch Pro 2 Windows Mobile 6.5 HTC Sense 2.5 MP3 Playback Error
Old 03-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

nukezdoc is a n00b

I followed the directions in the video, and got it to work. But, do I have to do that during the play of every song?

Also, I did a hard reset this morning and went to the Music tab first thing after the soft reboot after activation. The error persisted. I'm running DrEllisDee's Sense 2.5 beta3 ROM on a Verizon HTC Imagio.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezdoc View Post
I followed the directions in the video, and got it to work. But, do I have to do that during the play of every song?

Also, I did a hard reset this morning and went to the Music tab first thing after the soft reboot after activation. The error persisted. I'm running DrEllisDee's Sense 2.5 beta3 ROM on a Verizon HTC Imagio.
Yes. :(
It's a temporary fix, but the only one I know of as of yet. I've supplied a lot of information in hopes that someone with more knowledge of the HTC Sense code would be able to come to a better conclusion than I.

I even was having problems today getting Sense to play my music and it wasn't until I did a CleanRAM Level 3 purge and applying my ghetto fix that I was able to play music.

Honestly, I'm beginning to suspect that the MicroSD card may be at fault.

Has anyone else who is experiencing this issue had a problem getting Android to run off their SD card? I'm going for broke here and running with problems that I personally have had in hopes of stringing together a conclusion.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

af_txboi is a n00b

Same thing with me, even when using headphones my music will pause and only way to get it to work again is to reset it, i am using Sprint's updated stock ROM 6.5, so it has to be sense or sprint's issue, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I'm using the HTC music playing tab on my Touch Pro 2. I'm currently running NRG ROM, but prior to that I was running MediumHill ROM and had the same problem. I didn't think to test the music player before flashing a custom ROM.

Whenever I play any song in the music player, after a short period of time (10-15 seconds) it'll pause itself. The first click to unpause is ignored, and then the second will start the song from the beginning again, which will restart this cycle.

Has anyone seen anything like this before or have any ideas on how to figure out what's wrong?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile/Sprint

live_in_the_sky06 is a n00b

Its happening to me as well. I am not sure why. It works well in Windows Media Player but the htc player will pause intermittently. hard resets didnt help me. some tracks play in full and some will pause.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch/ Touch Pro 2

gottago is a n00b

For the record, I am having a similar problem as the OP.

Forgive the possibility of my bad memory, but do I remember this being an issue with the Sprint Touch. I say this because I bought Kinoma for the this very issue and while using Kinoma the issue did not exist on my Touch.

So why not use Kinoma now with my TP2 and 6.5? I would but when I do I lose the ability to control Kinoma with my Motorola T505. So, now that this issue has cropped up I will have to try more extensively with Kinoma. I will definitely give up the control for uninterrupted music.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Alright people, so any information would be greatly appreciated.
Has anyone tried my shitty fix and gotten it to temporarily work with out the random pausing?

If not, then why is this only working for me and not anybody else?

I'd also like to know if anyone else has noticed the Album art refreshing right before the song pauses? Or is this just me?

Is there a small circle spinning to the right of the small "Album Art Download" icon directly under neither the WinMo 6.5 button?

What build/carrier/device are you using? Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile?

Watch my video if you want to know what I'm talking about with the Album refreshing and the spinning circle art download icon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpo0ZvnZU6g

So far, a whole lot of Sprint 6.5 upgraders confirmed with a HTC Imagio Verizon as well.

Looking like the sole creator of this problem is HTC Sense.

Tomorrow I've got some free time and I think I'm going to try another SD card and see if this continues.
-BBQ
Old 04-03-2010, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

twizt3d is becoming a great contributor

Ive been having a similiar problem to such, my mp3s will stop them selves roughly 5-10seconds early, and then go to the next track. no pausing that i know of. Im running energy 6.5.5 2.5 apr1, but it has been happening for a great many months, i just dont use the mp3 player as much as i do now... I even tried to format the sd card. any similiar reports?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2