PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What you want to know about UC?
Basics - show me how to get started 72 35.29%
Editing and creating cabs - I want to share what I do 13 6.37%
XML Provisioning - I want to set up ActiveSync,WI-FI... automatically 40 19.61%
Scripting - I want to learn MortScript and how it can make UC easier 9 4.41%
Advanced Customizations - Removing the things I don't use 31 15.20%
What the hell is UC anyway? 39 19.12%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:00 PM
ebb
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV 6875
Carrier: Verizon

ebb is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-08}

Just want to add my thanks for putting all of this in one place, and making it easy to understand. Great work!

Agree on making this a sticky.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:16 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

What I find interesting is how many people have chosen to read this.

If I posted a thread that said, "I quit: Trading in my TP2 for an I-Phone", I would have several thousand reads and a hundred responses instead of 300.

I am doing it anyway because someone asked for help, and I love all that this site and community has taught me. I am happy to be able to give back and would have loved a post like this when I started.

All good and I am glad people are appreciating it.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post

If I posted a thread that said, "I quit: Trading in my TP2 for an I-Phone", I would have several thousand reads and a hundred responses instead of 300.

I am doing it anyway because someone asked for help, and I love all that this site and community has taught me. I am happy to be able to give back and would have loved a post like this when I started.

The point that you made above is the exact thing that drives me nutz on this site. 90% of people would rather spend their time bitching and ripping on people who do not know as much as they do, rather than sharing the information they have.......

THANK YOU, for being a part of the value add 10%!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:49 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-10}

would you say this is better than sashimi?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-14-2010, 11:23 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
Sashimi happens after the initial install of the ROM. This to me is an extra step and I find that things like Favorite people (synced with Exchange) do not take once the ROM is loaded.

Sashimi is more flexible (you can install to storage card), but I found it more difficult to manage over time if for no other reason than I have to click a button or two.

Most custom ROMs support UC or XDA_UC right out of the box. XDA_UC will also run UC, so I find it to be the most universal and makes it easy to jump from one ROM to the other.

They are all great tools and I would never argue for one over another. I just have my personal preference.

No matter which one you pick, the concepts in this thread should serve you well.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is exactly what I needed. That you so much! I hope you are ready for me to pick your brain about this.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:19 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
This is exactly what I needed. That you so much! I hope you are ready for me to pick your brain about this.
Pick away. I can always add more info to the posts.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

I can't thank you enough for this, very informative and very helpful. We need more people like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
I used Sashimi as a fallback if the ROM doesn't have XDA UC built it, but IMO you can never learn enough, so learn and master as many and as much as you can.

Quote:
Pick away. I can always add more info to the posts.
Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge, this definitely needs to be a sticky!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Blackcircle is just getting started
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Thank you very much for this. Amazing job.=D>=D>=D>

HTC Evo 4G

Old 03-18-2010, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Do you know a way to add my Opera settings including my home page web sites to UC?

Can I just copy your xml code into a new text file and use it as is (adding my personalized entries of course)? Why are some enable values 1 and some are 0? What do each mean or are they specific to the attribute? For example do some attributes use 1 and -1 while others use 1 and 0? Or do they all use -1, 0, and 1? If they do what does the zero mean?

Dumb Q : what is hotmail? IMAP4 or POP3? I set it up using Makisu as a POP3 account and that worked. Do you have a sample code for POP3?

Can I just use the xml file created by Makisu in UC or is that only set up to run with Sashimi?

More Qs brewing...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2