PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: What you want to know about UC?
Basics - show me how to get started 72 35.29%
Editing and creating cabs - I want to share what I do 13 6.37%
XML Provisioning - I want to set up ActiveSync,WI-FI... automatically 40 19.61%
Scripting - I want to learn MortScript and how it can make UC easier 9 4.41%
Advanced Customizations - Removing the things I don't use 31 15.20%
What the hell is UC anyway? 39 19.12%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 12:15 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalone View Post
Hey, I'm going to try that HTCAccountManager key next time I flash and I'll let you know.

I'm already using the Configuration key and that selects which of the tabs are activated, but not the order. This is really an easy thing to manually adjust each flash, but I'm trying to see if I can get it to a point where everything is 100% ready to go right when I flash.

To pick your brain a little bit more, any idea which key turns on "Auto Adjust Backlight"?

Also, I know this isn't exactly the perfect thread for this...but it's related. I'm using a bunch of your cabs to turn off services/devices that I don't use. Once they are installed, is the effect permanent? Or do they need to stay installed on the device and uninstalling them reverses it?

Again, thanks for the great work. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say you made my life a lot easier
The configuration key is positively for the order and not the visibility. Check it again.

Backlight (although it seems to drain the battery more than help):
HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight
LightDetectionOn=1

Uninstalling the cabs should set the registry keys back, but I have never tested. The services and devices are set to manual and can be set to automatic and started very easily with dotFred's task manager if they do not uninstall correctly.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

finalone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
The configuration key is positively for the order and not the visibility. Check it again.

Backlight (although it seems to drain the battery more than help):
HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight
LightDetectionOn=1

Uninstalling the cabs should set the registry keys back, but I have never tested. The services and devices are set to manual and can be set to automatic and started very easily with dotFred's task manager if they do not uninstall correctly.

Ok, I've been messing around with it. The Configuration key seems to work properly on 21XXX ROMs, but only effects the visibility and not the order on 23XXX ROMs.

The HTCAccountManager key looks to be part of the answer for Twitter (it acts like I'm logged in, but gives me an error when I try to get updates), but no effect on Facebook. I'm going to look around the registry when I have a chance for what else needs to be done for Twitter and the Facebook app. Facebook isn't actually a HTC app, just a regular 3rd party app that's cooked into the ROM.

Any suggestions for stuff I can do to improve battery life? I'm having major issues ever since I started using NRG's ROMs and I'm trying to figure out where the drain is coming from. I've already used a lot of your cabs to disable stuff, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. My phone used to last me 36 hours with a stock ROM, and I'm down to like 6 hours right now.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalone View Post
Ok, I've been messing around with it. The Configuration key seems to work properly on 21XXX ROMs, but only effects the visibility and not the order on 23XXX ROMs.

The HTCAccountManager key looks to be part of the answer for Twitter (it acts like I'm logged in, but gives me an error when I try to get updates), but no effect on Facebook. I'm going to look around the registry when I have a chance for what else needs to be done for Twitter and the Facebook app. Facebook isn't actually a HTC app, just a regular 3rd party app that's cooked into the ROM.

Any suggestions for stuff I can do to improve battery life? I'm having major issues ever since I started using NRG's ROMs and I'm trying to figure out where the drain is coming from. I've already used a lot of your cabs to disable stuff, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. My phone used to last me 36 hours with a stock ROM, and I'm down to like 6 hours right now.
Manila Order: I use the 23xxx series. Make sure you backup the configs from that version. The ordering works for me.

Facebook: Try backing up the Facebook.vol file in the root of your internal storge. I think this should do it until they upgrade the app again.

Battery: Do not use NRG 19th or 20th. Use the 17th if you still have it. I get about 1 - 1/2 days. NRG roms are historically beautiful, but not the most power efficient. There is an entire thread devoted to the topic. I have shared everything I know about optimizing the battery in my cabs.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I think you just need to backup this entire tree to the root of your files folder for the UC process to restore your favorites:

\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10\profile\datastorage

Folder 6 is actually the favorites.
This file worked for the beta and final version of Opera 10. It is such a time saver thank you ND!

Time to start learning/converting to XDA_UC
Old 03-22-2010, 11:07 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
This file worked for the beta and final version of Opera 10. It is such a time saver thank you ND!

Time to start learning/converting to XDA_UC
I used to use Juicy and have had a bunch of XDA_UC experience already.

Since it will run SDCOnfig.txt files, I just have chosen to stick with this path. I actually like that you can do a little of both though.

If I could insert a few posts at the beginning of this thread, I would cover that as topic.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I used to use Juicy and have had a bunch of XDA_UC experience already.

Since it will run SDCOnfig.txt files, I just have chosen to stick with this path. I actually like that you can do a little of both though.

If I could insert a few posts at the beginning of this thread, I would cover that as topic.
In NRG's tweet, he said no more SDConfig.txt.?? Are you saying that XDA_UC does run the .txt file? How will this all pan out do you think?

Could you insert a little about XDA_UC into the post you saved for

Quote:
Why not one more. I can always delete it later... =D>
Anything would help and since you are an Energy user, I bet other users wanting more info would appreciate it in this thread. Especially since your UC explanation is so helpful and you are a trusted and regular poster in the NRG thread. Even a link to an XDA_UC thread you find useful would be nice. Thanks for all your help with this. I think I am still going to work on my UC tweaks just in case I decide to someday branch out from NRG ROMs and try a different one.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
In NRG's tweet, he said no more SDConfig.txt.?? Are you saying that XDA_UC does run the .txt file? How will this all pan out do you think?

Could you insert a little about XDA_UC into the post you saved for

Anything would help and since you are an Energy user, I bet other users wanting more info would appreciate it in this thread. Especially since your UC explanation is so helpful and you are a trusted and regular poster in the NRG thread. Even a link to an XDA_UC thread you find useful would be nice. Thanks for all your help with this. I think I am still going to work on my UC tweaks just in case I decide to someday branch out from NRG ROMs and try a different one.

I am not sure what the output of NRG's work will be as I understand the cooks have some choices for how they integrate XDA_UC.

Check this thread for more information:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562568

Here is a quote from the thread in terms of features that is confirmed by my experience with Juicy:

Old 03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Do I need to export the entire registry folder to make a change in SDConfig?

For example, I found the entry to change the Weather Update settings. The problem is that it's in the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila] folder and there are a lot of different entries in there. I just want to change the two:

Data.DownloadWhenRoaming=dword:00000001
Data.AutoDownloadOff=dword:00000000

Is there a way for me to just create/change these two entries with some sort of code without copying anything from the registry?

Could you possibly tell me briefly what XDA_UC does? I am having a really difficult time understanding the tutorials because they don't really tell exactly what to do. Is there a code that I need to copy and change in order for it to work? Do I just create an XDA_UC folder and put my cabs in it and then the program will install them automatically? I know it's a lot to ask and I understand if you don't want to. It's just that this thread was so helpful to me. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Do I need to export the entire registry folder to make a change in SDConfig?

For example, I found the entry to change the Weather Update settings. The problem is that it's in the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila] folder and there are a lot of different entries in there. I just want to change the two:

Data.DownloadWhenRoaming=dword:00000001
Data.AutoDownloadOff=dword:00000000

Is there a way for me to just create/change these two entries with some sort of code without copying anything from the registry?

Could you possibly tell me briefly what XDA_UC does? I am having a really difficult time understanding the tutorials because they don't really tell exactly what to do. Is there a code that I need to copy and change in order for it to work? Do I just create an XDA_UC folder and put my cabs in it and then the program will install them automatically? I know it's a lot to ask and I understand if you don't want to. It's just that this thread was so helpful to me. Thanks.
Export the entire registry key above and delete what you do not need using a text editor. As a general rule, do not take any value you are not trying to specifically set.

As far as XDA_UC, it is the same but it just processes the files in sequential order instead of by using the instructions in the SDConfig.txt file.

I will be writing more on it once NRG switches and I am in a better position as a teacher.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Export the entire registry key above and delete what you do not need using a text editor. As a general rule, do not take any value you are not trying to specifically set.

As far as XDA_UC, it is the same but it just processes the files in sequential order instead of by using the instructions in the SDConfig.txt file.

I will be writing more on it once NRG switches and I am in a better position as a teacher.
Oh that's great. I was worried that I had to have the entire folder. Do you know if the process just copies over the existing registry entries? What if that entry is not there, does it then create the entry? What about deleting reg entries? Can UC be set up to delete?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2