PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

batpot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
data connection question (possibly limited to Manila 2.5)

I've noticed that when I open the notification window while running Manila 2.5, it will show a "My Connection" item, with a running counter of how long the data connection has been open.

What is this counter for? Is there data being transmitted, even though no apps are connected?
If I go into Comm Manager, I can turn off the Data Connection, and then this counter disappears from the notification window.

This item didn't appear in Manila 2.1 notification window, and it seemed as if turning on or off the Data Connection from the Comm Manager did nothing...that is, turning it off didn't block any apps from connecting, and if I opened Comm Manager, and turning it on or turning it off seemed to have no affect on anything.

Is this a bug? Should it be turning itself back off after no apps are using it? If this counter had never showed up in the notification window, I'd have never known it was functioning any different than before.

I've noticed the counter in both the Energy & Mighty Manila 2.5 ROMs, but haven't seen it in any of the Manila 2.1 ROMs that I've tried.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Re: data connection question (possibly limited to Manila 2.5)

this was on the mightyrom 2.1 sense for me as well as mightyrom war. if the arrows are greyed out then the data connection is idle...it is jus the way 6.5 works that it still says it is data connected. mighty assured me tho that it does automatically disconnect.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

batpot is a n00b
Re: data connection question (possibly limited to Manila 2.5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
this was on the mightyrom 2.1 sense for me as well as mightyrom war. if the arrows are greyed out then the data connection is idle...it is jus the way 6.5 works that it still says it is data connected. mighty assured me tho that it does automatically disconnect.
just checked, and the arrows weren't grayed out, they were white, and the counter had been going for more than an hour.
hmm...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2