PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7
Having trouble buying ringtones with Verizon

I did a search and could find nothing to help...I have yet to talk to someone from Verizon too. I have the Verizon TP2 and im having trouble finding where to buy ringtones at. I tried on the verizon site (you know, made a account for my phone and went to buy ringtones) and it said that the "Media Store does not currently support the purchase of ringtones for your phone" Then it tells me how I can DL ringtones from my phone but I have yet to find any of it on my phone. Im able to buy ringbacks, but not ringtones. TP2 doesnt support VZW Tones either. Anyone else have/had this problem?

Old 03-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Having trouble buying ringtones with Verizon

Have you checked out this thread?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=RINGTONES
Also... you can create your own ringtone from any MP3 that is in your phone. Just use the Mp3 trimmer, That way you can pick the right snippet you want from the song as your ring tone.
I hope that helps.
p.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:57 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

No geek should be paying for ringers lol.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Man i havent bout a ringtone in over 5 years seriously, MP3 Trimmer FTW.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Man i havent bout a ringtone in over 5 years seriously, MP3 Trimmer FTW.
In five years? I don't think I ever bought a ringtone. But in all seriousness there alot of people out there that just won't take the time to learn how to make their own ringtones, I mean it takes literally a few minutes to make several ringtones for free at that. Most people just arent geeks(you don't need to be a geek to make ringtones by the way) and would gladly pay $1.99 for a ringtone and be done with it.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ive only had this phone for a lil over a month..and havent played with every single thing on it..soo honestly I didnt know about the MP3 Trimmer..and im also one of those people who would gladly buy it and be on my way. But thanks for the lovely responses.
And yes I checked out that thread, the white font is killing me.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRX8o7 View Post
Ive only had this phone for a lil over a month..and havent played with every single thing on it..soo honestly I didnt know about the MP3 Trimmer..and im also one of those people who would gladly buy it and be on my way. But thanks for the lovely responses.

Remember, you don't need verizons customer service when you can come to ppcgeeks.com
Old 03-05-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Remember, you don't need verizons customer service when you can come to ppcgeeks.com
Well..now I have this problem.. I use iTunes, so all my music files are M4P..I was looking at a way to convert them to MP3 but its just all too much for me.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Sorry, Hadn't checked back...
Go to that thread I linked and put down your request. You'd be surprized at what you can get for a simple smacking of the thanx button.
Remember this is supposed to be a community. We are all here to help each other.
If you wanted to spend more time on it you could download a music converter to change your itunes music to mp3 then trim it with mp3trimmer. I see how it's just easier to pay the 1.99 lol. But you can't need a whole mess of ringtones. Just request it and see what happens.
p.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRX8o7 View Post
OP - no offense but with that attitude, frankly you don't need a forum such as this.
There are many DIY-ers here & paying for things is the Apple way not the ppcgeek way.

This is also the 21st century, where if you half look, most of the times the tools & items you are looking for is floating out there to be had.

As I've always said, you have to be smart to use a smartphone else there is always the iphone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2