PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Having trouble buying ringtones with Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
OP - no offense but with that attitude, frankly you don't need a forum such as this.
There are many DIY-ers here & paying for things is the Apple way not the ppcgeek way.

This is also the 21st century, where if you half look, most of the times the tools & items you are looking for is floating out there to be had.

As I've always said, you have to be smart to use a smartphone else there is always the iphone.
QQ, I may be off base here, but I didn't detect an attitude at all, the original post was merely asking how to get the ringtones that she would gladly pay for, and she was being honest about rather just pay and be done with it. I agree that the majority of the ring tones can either be found free or someone could make them for her for free if she was to ask, but attitude? Sorry, didn't get that from any of her posts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
QQ, I may be off base here, but I didn't detect an attitude at all, the original post was merely asking how to get the ringtones that she would gladly pay for, and she was being honest about rather just pay and be done with it. I agree that the majority of the ring tones can either be found free or someone could make them for her for free if she was to ask, but attitude? Sorry, didn't get that from any of her posts.
I agree bro... I just got done explaining to SRX that this is a community built on help and support. Then QQ goes and puts the smack down.
He's got a point, but he went a little over board with it.

QQ. We all started somewhere... Not all of us are at your level of intelligence and to expect that would be unfair. To assume we aren't would be ignorant. Maybe SRX is just busy with school and or work and would much rather pay for the ringtones than have to download a file converter, convert to MP3 then trim. That's her option.
But she's here in our community and we shouldn't jump down her throat because she's unwilling to take a few extra steps to save a buck or two.
p.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Respect your opinion & maybe 'attitude' is the wrong choice of word...but I think when ppl say they can afford something & would rather just 'gas & go' - like they feel like it's not worth the effort & cash will resolve everything.

& to respond to AZETCA's point: I am definitely not even anywhere near a chef or dev here.
I read what I can, soak it in, dig for the answers, try it myself & ask for help on a routine basis.
& I don't have tons of free time either.
I wasn't smacking down the poster, I was just keeping it real!
Some1 who wants to pay for things will not have the inclination to participate in a DIY forum such as this nor contribute. Just human nature.
There is no challenge once you pay for the answer. The American way is to throw money @ the problem & it will go away! haha!

To me the intellectual challenge & willingness to NOT take the easy "cash solves everything" way - is why I come & participate here.

Was just asking why even come here if the OP thinks cash solves everything?
Heck just go make the cash & solve the world's problems while they are at it!! LOL!

Last edited by Q_Q; 03-09-2010 at 05:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
Respect your opinion & maybe 'attitude' is the wrong choice of word...but I think when ppl say they can afford something & would rather just 'gas & go', I think they feel like they don't have to put any effort into it & cash will resolve everything.

& to respond to AZETCA's point: I am definintely not even anywhere near a chef or dev here. I read what I can, soak it in, dig for the answers, try it myself & ask for help on a routine basis.
& I don't have tons of free time either.
I wasn't smacking down the poster, I was just keeping it real, some1 who wants to pay for things will not have the inclination to participate in a DIY forum such as this nor contibute. Just human nature. There is no challenge once you have pay for the answer.

To me the intellectual challenges & willingness to NOT take the easy cash solves everything way, is why I come & participate here.

Just asking why even come here if the OP thinks cash solves everything?
Heck just go make the cash & solve the world's problems while they are at it!! LOL!
Q. You make some great points bro, the world would be a better place if we all did things as you suggest... So, I'm actually not disagreeing with you. I know it can get frustrating at times and it's easier to give someone a wake up call but that's not what we're all about here. I'm not sayin' you can't tell someone like it is... Just asking for some kindness to go along with your wisdom.
p.

*** EDIT... You know... Like I just did... LOL... p.***

Last edited by AZTECHKA; 03-09-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added comment.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I thought I read that the native ringtones on the Touch Pro2 are wma files and if you use mp3s, then you get a delay due to the file having to be processed differently.

Is that not the case?

Also....what ever happened to the op's original request about buying ringtones? I came up acrossed again today(probably for the 3rd time) and I'm determined to get it resolved this time.

Thanks in advance.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2