PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:07 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How reliable is SPB Backup?

If I do a full backup, then flash the same exact rom with a different pagepool size, then do a full restore, what are the odds of my phone being a little "off" and acting screwy?

Old 03-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: How reliable is SPB Backup?

I would guess pretty good as I dropped using it. I have this and Sprite and use Sprite. I recall I had a series of issues and gave up.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:47 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
I would guess pretty good as I dropped using it. I have this and Sprite and use Sprite. I recall I had a series of issues and gave up.
What sort of issues?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
What sort of issues?
i havent had many issues with it at all!! the only one i can think of is manila 2.5 favorite people tab`s ordering gets sometimes missed up but thats not even serious!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

I haven't run into any major issues using SPB Backup, in fact I use for daily backups without incident. I have used it for restoring back to the same ROM without any problem. I have not modified my pagepool size between restores, so I can't specifically speak to that.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I use all 3 back ups: Spb,Sprite and Resco and none failed me. I prefer Resco due to its speed. U ll be ok. Just back the friggin back up too lol
Old 03-18-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Used Sprite, Spb, Resco, of all SK tools was the only one that restored without errors.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I use SPB backup to make a backup file of my email so I can restore quickly after I flash a rom. The best part is you can make a standalone exeutable file using the trial version and just keep it on your sd card. No need to install the program. I then use myphone to do my automatic daily syncing everything else. Unfortunatelly if you use exchange it does not back up those settings, also if you sync your calendar with exchange myphone will not let you sync the calendar that account.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have SPB, Resco & Sprite.

All do basically the same thing, but for some reason Sprite started to fail every single time I ran it in my TP2 running WM6.5.

After Sprite failed on two completely different ROMs, I said the heck with it & just use SPB now. I have done probably 100 restores with SPB & it has never failed me once although I would have said the same thing about Sprite until just recently.
~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2