PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

wizardofwoz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB Mobile Shell + TP2 = No Love

I've had my TP2 for about 6 months now and have gone back and forth between many of the great roms this site has to offer... I'm currently on the latest Energy sense 2.5 CHT rom.

i keep finding myself installing spb mobile shell and switching over due to the associated speed/ram increase it provides.

My question to everyone is what rom do they use for SPB MS? Besides taking up space is there a downside to having both sense and MS installed or is it better to use a rom without sense? Secondarily what tweaks & themes do you use for MS 3.5?

I feel the MS doesn't get the attention it deserves so please speak up if you've got some advice.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:13 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: SPB Mobile Shell + TP2 = No Love

We all have different needs, SPB MS fulfills mine best. It is lighter than sense and works for me....period. There are tons of tweaks and customization..not sure what u are looking for...
Old 07-29-2010, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

I have too many contacts for Sense, so I have run SPB Pocket Plus forever. Started using it with the 6600 and have used it with every model since then. Sense absolutely hangs with 5,500 contacts. tried every version and no luck. Hope this helps......SPB Pocket Plus is your solution.

matt
Old 07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

When I run SPB....I usually run it on a titanium rom....as far as mods and such for it....as HB stated they are everywhere....
Old 07-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
When I run SPB....I usually run it on a titanium rom....as far as mods and such for it....as HB stated they are everywhere....
My thoughts exactly,

I used Timberwolfs Titanium rom when I tried Mobile shell. There is no sense in running sense rom when your not using it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf647

All Carrier Rom V9.8 Titanium 22563 Fully Loaded
(100mb's available on 1st boot)

Download Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?10kz12cbvc6a7si

Old 07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

I run ms as well, with the best rom I've found to date. Mr. X rom, 4/10? Zips along great, and much more intuitive than cookie and manilla in general. the carousel is pretty gimmicky though.

vostradamus from xda has excellent tweaks if interested.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:46 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

+1 for Vostra, clean and good looking. I for one avoid all the unecesary adds on as I run stock w/o any prob.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G & HTC Touch Pro 2

DeMoNFLiP is a n00b

try mobilesense. it's like an add-on for mobileshell. i like it alot because it's fast and stable with customizable UI and stuff.

Often Imitated.
Never Duplicated.
HTC EVO 4G!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: vodafone

fade2black101 is a n00b

Is there a way to change the default media player on mobile shell to the HTC one used in Sense? I dont like Windows Media player and it seems to detag some of my songs.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade2black101 View Post
Is there a way to change the default media player on mobile shell to the HTC one used in Sense? I dont like Windows Media player and it seems to detag some of my songs.
Not that anyone has found or posted.

I am on MS3.5.5 and that was one thing I didn't like.

I run S2P (paid version) and love it. Would be nice to have a 'widget' version of it but from all the forums I have found, no custom made widgets are available for MS.
Can only modify current ones.

Another thing that bugs me is the Weather that is with MS.
I miss the Sense Weather (location based) that updates based on your GPS location instead of having to pick what city you are in.

But those are about the only grips I have with MS3.5.5.

Attached is my home screen. Its busy but has 90% of what I use on a daily basis (left panel I use for programs, right panel I use for Media).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (13.8 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2