PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Tp2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113042)

naskarl 03-05-2010 12:09 AM

Tp2

I just spent an agonizing hour with "friends with android and i-phone technology" who gave no respect to my TP2. None of them had ever heard of ppc or that other xd place, are they stupid or am I crazy!?!

dtrush 03-05-2010 12:29 AM

Re: Tp2

Just drink some beer and install some "apps" with them to join the crowd:headbang:

I've used Windows Mobile for 10 years now and I don't see myself changing anytime soon. Too many business programs are made for this OS and the TP2 is the best phone IMO for a real power user.

I went to a concert the other day and everyone I saw was running some sort of Android device or an iPhone. Only one dude had an Imagio that I noticed.

modembug 03-05-2010 01:38 AM

those are the same folks who trash on microsoft and who flamed vista because it was the popular opinion to have... iphones and android phones are shiny toys, but when you want to go something accomplished (proper exchange syncing without a bunch of headaches etc, then a WM phone is king!). Don't feel bad man, feel bad for them for being cute little lemmings! cheers!

strra 03-05-2010 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modembug (Post 1607941)
those are the same folks who trash on microsoft and who flamed vista because it was the popular opinion to have... iphones and android phones are shiny toys, but when you want to go something accomplished (proper exchange syncing without a bunch of headaches etc, then a WM phone is king!). Don't feel bad man, feel bad for them for being cute little lemmings! cheers!

quoted for truth... bandwagon jumping at its finest.
while i don't disrespect android (unlike iphone :protest:), it is becoming a "popular" thing... along with calling any android phone a "droid" (ugh)

codybear 03-05-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra (Post 1607976)
quoted for truth... bandwagon jumping at its finest.
while i don't disrespect android (unlike iphone :protest:), it is becoming a "popular" thing... along with calling any android phone a "droid" (ugh)

+1 100%

Windows Mobile FTW!!

nrfitchett4 03-05-2010 02:44 AM

wow, i didn't know my tp2 couldn't have apps.
shush, no one tell my tp2, it's got like 90 of them on there right now!

CoryNat 03-05-2010 10:13 AM

Had a friend with an iPhone check out my TP2 while I was using it at work yesterday. He actually asked me if it was Android. Surprised to find out it was WinMo and impressed by the phone. Effective marketing has a lot to do with Android and iPhone love IMO. Maybe WP7 will get some heavy marketing support.

Dr.8820 03-05-2010 10:28 AM

a friend and i have the tp2 vs. iphone battle from time to time, he came over about a week ago bragging about being able to talk and surf the net at the same time. i went to wi-fi and did it too....i haven't heard from him since!

Cicatrize 03-05-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1608347)
a friend and i have the tp2 vs. iphone battle from time to time, he came over about a week ago bragging about being able to talk and surf the net at the same time. i went to wi-fi and did it too....i haven't heard from him since!

Yeah, I totally don't understand that commercial. The way they advertise it is that NOTHING ELSE has that ability. I've honestly never really had a reason to do it before, so I tried it after watching the commercial and it worked fine. wtf? Why advertise that as a selling point?

Mojary 03-05-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 1608498)
Yeah, I totally don't understand that commercial. The way they advertise it is that NOTHING ELSE has that ability. I've honestly never really had a reason to do it before, so I tried it after watching the commercial and it worked fine. wtf? Why advertise that as a selling point?

i guess the ultimate reason is because that's the only thing they can use as a selling point. mind you, you don't hear the commercial saying, "our phones comes wi-fi ready"...that's because they will get flamed majorly for that statement. plus more and more people are wising up. they're starting to get on forums (like our beloved one here) to ask questions and see how far to the limit they can take their phone. and eventually, they find out...you don't exclusively need to be on a gsm network to do talk and surf the same time.