PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: Tp2

Last Friday I spent a good couple hours with friend comparing our chosen devices: Verizon CDMA Touch Pro 2, AT&T iPhone 3Gs, Verizon Motorola Droid. Good time, but I definately came to some conclusion about the three:

iPhone: Hands down, best device for gaming. Sucked that it couldn't switch between multiple running applications since their advertising pumps up the "talk & surf the web" thing so much.

Droid: tons of potential for such a new OS, but there was only one application which made me jealous: Google Sky Map (point it at the stars and it uses the camera, g-sensor, GPS and compus to show a sky map superimposed on the section of sky you are viewing. Simply BRILLIANT. I have Pocket Stars (which it pretty good sky map) but this takes the cake and then some. Down side: on screen keyboard was so thin it was un-useable for my fingers. Pull out keyboard wasn't much better.

TP2 - Pretty much everything else else. There wasn't anything the other two could do, that the TP2 couldn't match.

My only concern: Recent reports that suggest the new Windows Phone 7 Series will not be backward compatible with onler Windows Phone 6.x and Windows Mobile applications. It's not a good move IMO. It'll be asking a lot of the real power users to completely abandon all the programs we've come to depend on and love. There are definately a handful of programs that have been on my devices since I started using Windows Mobile darn near 15 years ago. We'll see, but I haven't really been "wowed" yet by the screen shots that have come out so far, either. That future droid II (or whatever they call it at the time) might get even more appealing.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tp2

I apparently didn't teach my daughter properly.. she just bought a iphat mean iphone & thinks its fat?? lol < shaking head>

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2