PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 GPS Accuracy? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112994)

tygger 03-04-2010 03:36 PM

TP2 GPS Accuracy?

The GPS on my TP2 is very laggy/inaccurate compared to my old TP1. Anyone else have this problem? For instance, if I use Goog Maps, it doesn't track my movement and exact location nearly as accurately as it did on the TP1.

Outside of the city, it really isn't a problem, but in the city, it's too slow to keep up with the side streets.

Adrianh85 03-04-2010 03:42 PM

Re: TP2 GPS Accuracy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tygger (Post 1606628)
The GPS on my TP2 is very laggy/inaccurate compared to my old TP1. Anyone else have this problem? For instance, if I use Goog Maps, it doesn't track my movement and exact location nearly as accurately as it did on the TP1.

Outside of the city, it really isn't a problem, but in the city, it's too slow to keep up with the side streets.

have u done the hack to enable the agps? that will help u while in the city!!

Rhodium500 03-04-2010 03:53 PM

agps won't help is gps lag. It only helps is getting locks.

jmorton10 03-04-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tygger (Post 1606628)
The GPS on my TP2 is very laggy/inaccurate compared to my old TP1. Anyone else have this problem? .

yea, there has been about 1000 posts on this ever since the TP2 came out.

I don't believe there is any fix for it. I'm sure someone will immediately post "I have no lag in MY TP2". Don't believe it, it is B.S.

~John

strra 03-04-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1606753)
yea, there has been about 1000 posts on this ever since the TP2 came out.

I don't believe there is any fix for it. I'm sure someone will immediately post "I have no lag in MY TP2". Don't believe it, it is B.S.

~John

as long as my polling is turned waayy up, i only have about a 1-2 second lag. however, this makes the phone completely unusable for multitasking while the GPS running

mikewest 03-04-2010 06:06 PM

With TomTom software, it REALLY SUCKS.........

For example, I PASSED Moorpark Blvd, 2 blocks later, it tells me to make a RIGHT on Moorpark Blvd...I Noticed that I passed it already, made a u-turn, then a LEFT on Moorpark Blvd....

By the time I was on Moorpark Blvd, it told me to make a U-Turn on what ever the street was that I turned around on, directed me back towards Moorpark Blvd and then onto Moorpark Blvd, more than sixty seconds from the time I was already ON Moorpark Blvd.\

I initatlly thought it would be a good backup to my REAL TomTom, however I was clearly wrong. As a backup, i am better off using google maps and just reading the directions!

strra 03-04-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewest (Post 1606997)
With TomTom software, it REALLY SUCKS.........

For example, I PASSED Moorpark Blvd, 2 blocks later, it tells me to make a RIGHT on Moorpark Blvd...I Noticed that I passed it already, made a u-turn, then a LEFT on Moorpark Blvd....

By the time I was on Moorpark Blvd, it told me to make a U-Turn on what ever the street was that I turned around on, directed me back towards Moorpark Blvd and then onto Moorpark Blvd, more than sixty seconds from the time I was already ON Moorpark Blvd.\

I initatlly thought it would be a good backup to my REAL TomTom, however I was clearly wrong. As a backup, i am better off using google maps and just reading the directions!

try my tweaked tomtom cab.... it should lessen the lag considerably
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDLQX1MN

brokestudent12 03-05-2010 12:24 AM

what version is your tomtom cab? i can only get v7.45 to work on mines.

dtrush 03-05-2010 12:37 AM

My Tom Tom version is 7.916. I'm using a modded cab without the bluetooth stuff in it which doesn't screw with the OS.
It's necessary for me to use a go between program GpsGate 2.6 to work with the satellites / internal GPS in the TP2. I configure Tom Tom to work with GpsGate for it's coordinates. This works fabulously and my maps show about 1/2 second to 1 second behind where I'm actually at on the map. PM me if you have any questions or need help trying this method.

strra 03-05-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokestudent12 (Post 1607798)
what version is your tomtom cab? i can only get v7.45 to work on mines.

the one i posted is 7.916.9192