PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc TOUCHpro2
Carrier: Sprint

JustinSyder is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Might give the hero a whirl

I'm still with-in my 30 day return policy with my TOUCH pro2 & never thought I would say it but I'm kinda disappointed. Man for real, besides the larger screen I can't say much more about the damn thing & I have a hard time justifying $649.99 (retail) screen upgrade. I think I might give the HERO a try, its still htc so its gotta be PIIIIIMP!! Any insight or oppinions welcome....
Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Might give the hero a whirl

The hero is a great phone my girl has one but I've noticed the ram on that phone is extremely low. Other then that Sprint has promised an andriod 2.1 update by June so its not a bad buy.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I wouldn't have upgraded. What I would have done was buy a TP2 off ebay and save the upgrade for the next android which might be the supersonic. It hasn't been announced but people think it is coming to Sprint soon.
http://www.slashgear.com/htc-superso...-wild-2671323/
Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

I have a tp2 and a hero and moment... I've been using the Hero. It's a killer phone. It's hard to get used to no keyboard, but you learn to manage.

It's GREAT if you use google voice for a business line. Its so easy to call out using GV or your regular number.

I would give the Hero a try. It gives the tp2 a run for its money.

I hate to say I don't really miss using the tp2.... although i do see it on my desk and say hi to it everyday.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If I was to go Android, I would definetly wait for the next release of devices for Sprint.....I just can't downgrade to a smaller screen after the TP2. I need a large, WVGA screen with a much faster processor then the TP2. Then it will be a decision of an Android phone or WM7....That should be an interesting topic..
Old 03-03-2010, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

After you use the Hero for a day you don't realize the screen is smaller.. not like its going from a 50" lcd to a 27", its not that noticeable.

BUT, you are right, usually bigger is better ( unless we are talking about our girlfriends )
Old 03-03-2010, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
After you use the Hero for a day you don't realize the screen is smaller.. not like its going from a 50" lcd to a 27", its not that noticeable.

BUT, you are right, usually bigger is better ( unless we are talking about our girlfriends )
Smaller with no slide out keyboard.....I don't know

HAHA to that last line!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hoihtah is a n00b

i understand your dilema.
iwas using tmobile g1 before coming over to sprint tp2.
and for the first 30 days i couldn't make up my mind as to whether i want to keep using a winmo device or keep android.

tp2 was my first winmo... so i had no idea what i was getting my self into.

i was trying to find any reason to keep my tp2. i generally hate returning things.
i tried out just about every rom out there. and that was my mistake. i got so addicted to flashing roms, i lost sight of that 30 day limit.

tp2 is not that bad once you start playing around with it. but i still miss my g1.
i don't know if supersonic is going to change the scene much for sprint... even with wimax. i wonder why they couldn't put a 1ghz cpu. that would've been a game changer.

so yeah, if you haven't gotten yourself too attached, i'd switch over.
there are plenty of custom roms over on the hero side as well.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I dunno, the TP2 impresses me less and less every day. I try to avoid using anything with a capacitive screen, otherwise i get sad.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:09 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSyder View Post
I'm still with-in my 30 day return policy with my TOUCH pro2 & never thought I would say it but I'm kinda disappointed. Man for real, besides the larger screen I can't say much more about the damn thing & I have a hard time justifying $649.99 (retail) screen upgrade. I think I might give the HERO a try, its still htc so its gotta be PIIIIIMP!! Any insight or oppinions welcome....
Hey man ok not to sound bias but I love the TP2. Once you have this phone...The hero at first glance seems like a really cool phone, but after a while you will come to realize that its just plain boring. Me and my wife got phones at the same time....she wanted a TP2 but didnt want us to have the same phone and so she got a Hero instead. We are about 6 months into having our phones and I still love mine like when the first day I bought it....My wife complains constantly about how she hates her phone. She plays with mine sometimes just to have something to do. The Hero in my opinion is good for entertainment but not for a long haul of satisfaction. I personally love the way I can customize this phone anyway I can...Not to mention there are some really cool people working on porting over the Android OS to Windows MObile. I can now switch from WInmo to Android within a matter of minutes. They are still working on it so all you really have is a really cool Android interface, make and receive calls, and wifi works. YOu cant text or use the market place yet but like I said it is work in process. The Hero is just a phone for apps. They have a lot of apps but a lot of useless apps. Apps that you would use for a couple hours and think are cool, but then after that you really never use them. My personal opinion is to stick with the TP2. It does everything any other phone can do plus more. I really think that if you got the Hero...after about 3 to 4 months you will notice that its just a plain ol boring application phone. The TP2 on the other hand can do so much more. IMO. To each is his/her own tho.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2