PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

galingula is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's the reg hack that

stops the phone from polling if it's lying on its face or not, the "mute ringer when lying on my face" setting? A couple days ago I tried this (turn it off)and it completly got rid of my battery drain and I want to pass that hack on to a buddy but can't find the specific registry string to change.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: What's the reg hack that

Found it.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PHONE

Set it to 0
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Come on man, stop being lazy and search the hacks sticky.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019

Old 03-04-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
Come on man, stop being lazy and search the hacks sticky.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019
Thanks. The search results here come in a format that is unfamiliar to me, and reading thru 50 page threads seems like a daunting task. I do it when I have the time, and that's how I've been learning my phone. This is a rather active forum and I was hoping some one could just dump the link for me if they knew the string reference off the top of their heads. Being familiar with forums and admining and moderating some of my own I'm familiar with the types who frequent them so it's easier to understand your arrogance toward n00bs. Thanks very much for posting the link after I posted the info I was looking for.

This mod reg hack has made a huge difference on my battery life, if anyone wasn't familiar with it, give it a go
Old 03-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

galingula,

my apologies, i see that you're still new to the site. Try this cab. Its called no push internet. The stock sprint rom is setup so that your phone downloads stocks, email, and a lot of other junk constantly and it drains your battery life. No push disables that, and will only update stocks, email, etc when you push the send/receive or update button. it will greatly increase your battery life. Also if you have email snyc to your phone make sure you set it send receive like every 1-2 hours. the more you send receive the more you drain your battery.
Attached Files
File Type: cab NoPushInternet_v2.CAB (59.5 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-04-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
galingula,

my apologies, i see that you're still new to the site. Try this cab. Its called no push internet. The stock sprint rom is setup so that your phone downloads stocks, email, and a lot of other junk constantly and it drains your battery life. No push disables that, and will only update stocks, email, etc when you push the send/receive or update button. it will greatly increase your battery life. Also if you have email snyc to your phone make sure you set it send receive like every 1-2 hours. the more you send receive the more you drain your battery.
I've already got that one going, plus I switched to SPB mobile shell a week or so ago. It'd be nice to get the stocks page back, I haven't figured that one out yet. I've been fixated on the battery sucking like the Kardasian girls at an NAACP convention, and that reg hack has been the most effective (affective, I never get that one right) so far in making it more acceptable.

My other sore point is I foolishly can't get the damn thing to sync with exchange wirelessly. I can do it via USB, but I'm too stupid to figure the rest out. My solution has beent o just login using remote desktop, but MY EYES MY EYES!! I'm getting too old to deal with things that small. Works in a pinch tho, but I do need to get that figured out.

Sprint TV really sucks too. Is it that bad for everyone?

Speakeasy is giving me 1.02Mbps down and .27Mbps up. I'm in the basement at work, I'll retest where I wanted to watch mobile TV. I swear it was much higher

Thanks for the advice
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by galingula View Post
I've already got that one going, plus I switched to SPB mobile shell a week or so ago. It'd be nice to get the stocks page back, I haven't figured that one out yet. I've been fixated on the battery sucking like the Kardasian girls at an NAACP convention, and that reg hack has been the most effective (affective, I never get that one right) so far in making it more acceptable.

My other sore point is I foolishly can't get the damn thing to sync with exchange wirelessly. I can do it via USB, but I'm too stupid to figure the rest out. My solution has beent o just login using remote desktop, but MY EYES MY EYES!! I'm getting too old to deal with things that small. Works in a pinch tho, but I do need to get that figured out.

Speakeasy is giving me 1.02Mbps down and .27Mbps up. I'm in the basement at work, I'll retest where I wanted to watch mobile TV. I swear it was much higher

Thanks for the advice
I think that that Kardasians at the and NAACP convention comment couldve been kept to yourself it was a little distasteful and COULD offend others
Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by galingula View Post

Thanks for the advice
1. I thought the kardashians joke was hilarious.
2. sprint t.v. works great for me unless you are watching sports. news and full t.v. shows work perfectly for me.

which browser are you using to test your internet speed? opera mobile says you need flash.

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 03-04-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:53 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
1. I thought the kardashians joke was hilarious.
2. sprint t.v. works great for me unless you are watching sports. news and full t.v. shows work perfectly for me.

which browser are you using to test your internet speed? opera mobile says you need flash.
I thought so too! Maybe try skyfire to test?

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobaby69 View Post
I thought so too! Maybe try skyfire to test?
skyfire recent versions give me an instant 404 internet error on all speed test sites. since skyfire does all rendering, the speed test isn't accurate anyway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2